SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 11:38:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1957 rockola juke box  (Read 9374 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 01:22:40 pm »

K, talked to the  mech  guy and swell friend with pick up, and  he reminded me of a problem I had with a 1436.  Rock-ola has 2 coils ( well early ones at least ) called write in  and write out, the arms  on both should be able to move freely, clean them if they aren't.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
pepsidixienarco

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 01:53:37 pm »

Thanks, i have heard something in the past about that terminology, but I am not sure what part is not making the contacts kick out.

I had a guy look at it quick one time, and he pulled the box that holds the plays, and said that needed to be cleared, then he did spun this gear, and plugged it back in, and all of the sudden the thing cycled both ways, and stopped.  Then we could pick a selection and it would search again.

I am not sure how to get it cleared, because at this point it will just keep spinning the records left, and right picking one up.

Is it the drum itself with the contacts in, that has a problem making them kick out?
If I move one manually than it will catch it, and play it.

Pepsi Dixie Narco model# 168/996
1957 RockOla juke box model# 1955
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: