SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 03:19:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1958 Bally All Star Deluxe bowler  (Read 3696 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: April 13, 2008, 10:01:18 pm »

Hello,

Does anyone have a Bally All Star bowler?  I have a quirk with the ball turret shooting the ball prematurely while loading for the next shot.  This can happen with the first shot or the last shot, and sometimes it wont happen at all.  But lately, it's been happening a lot and ruining perfectly good games.  The handle, which shoots the ball, is not depressed and the switch is not made. 

After the ball is shot, the next ball would jam.  If you manually roll the ball into the turret, the turret will operate again,  If you roll it too fast the ball will shoot right away.  Has this ever happened to anyone? 

Larry

A lot of stuff.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 06:14:04 am »

Thats a nice machine Larry... I can't help you fix it, but it does look cool..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 06:52:25 am »

"Thanks," or should I say "Thanks for nothing!" biggrin  Just kidding!  It is really a neat machine.  I have had a few bowlers and this one is pretty unique.  Is uses a turret to shoot the ball at the pins.  The turret spins from left to right and you decide when you want to fire.  After each shot, the turret starts over from the left and loads another ball.

This is where the problem occurs.  The ball sometimes loads and shoots (always against the side plexi) or it jams before it loads or after the premature shot.  I have the manual and schematic and I haven't been able to pin point why this happens.  There's a lot of switches involved in the ball lifting up, rolling to the waiting bin, and then loading up.  There are three balls and one should always be waiting to be loaded.

This is the only bowler that you think "Ha, I know exactly when to release it for a strike," and then you only pick up eight pins.  It's better that way because it is more challenging and you don't get tired of playing it.

However, I'll still take a ball bowler over any other type of bowling game.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: