SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 03:58:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1936 Exhibit Supply Lighting Pinball Machine - Anyone know about these?  (Read 4531 times)
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« on: September 18, 2013, 07:42:27 pm »

Been wanting to add one of these to the collection but looks to be a project. Missing the glass, nickel slot, owner describes it as "looks to be in rough condition".  Sellers asking $500 but can't find any sales online to compare it to. Appreciate any and all advice on price and knowledge on the machine. Thank you
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 07:48:42 pm by Howdueyoudue » Logged

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 07:59:10 pm »

Pretty neat, basic machine. The nickel slide "appears" to be there in the first pic. Mising glass not a big deal, you can get a local glasss shop to cut one. While not a huge demand for pre-war pinballs, there is a following, so I guess price is what it's worth to you. It's really just a put the nickel in, release 5 balls, shoot them up and add up the score yourself machine. Very basic. The balls will land in the holes and stay there until you put a nickel in and slide the slide which will move a piece of plywood the balls are resting on, dropping them down so you can shoot them. No flippers or electricity, except it was probably made for a dry-cell battery for the tilt function only. If it even has that. The beginnings of pinball,,,,
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 08:13:39 pm »

Thanks oldskool. I added a pic if the coin mech area. Came across a few pics on line and there is some sort of electrical in it

oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 08:33:14 pm »

Definately looks like the nickel slide is there to me. Good luck hammering out a deal if you decide to go for it. It' just one of those things price-wise that there's not that many around that are available, but there is also limited demand. I would say start low or let him sit on it a while, but all it takes is that one other guy to grab it. So, I really can't offer much advice in the way of price unfortunately. It is old, that's for sure, so if it's close to you and you've been looking for one of that era, it's your deal to make  Cool  There won't be much there you can't fix mechanically if that helps you out. Thanks for sharing the pics anyway. It's always neat to see the real old ones. Amazing whats still sitting in peoples basements.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 02:02:22 am »

I've had a few pre war flipperless pins. Still have two rockolas. World Series and World Fair. These give a far better game than most from that era. If I were you I'd hold out for one of these. In the long run you'll be better off. They also make repro parts for the rockola machines and they are completely mechanical. No nasty early electrics to get burnt with.

Dave
jrwienri
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 05:45:06 pm »

Old EM pins are nice from a collector standpoint but in reality are not much fun to play once you have experienced post 80's games like Funhouse or Addams Family. Looks like a lot of work for not a lot of fun.
Cheers, Jeff

Vendo 81D
U-Pop-It
Haweye Peanut Warmer
Bally Lucky Alley Contact Ball Bowler
Williams Gold Mine Shuffle Bowler
Williams Funhouse Pinball
Seeberg 3W1 Wall Box
Seeberg 3WA Wall Box
Stoner Jr with Gum Wheel
Numerous Vintage Gas Pumps
Numerous Vintage Cars
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 07:13:32 pm »

Thanks for all of the feedback. Agreed not as flashy and fun to play, but I like them for the history.

HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 12:32:52 am »

So I decided to pass on it. The seller then dropped the price from $500 to $200. I didn't respond fast enough so the seller comes back with $150 if I pick it up today (Thursday). I told the seller I would be @ $100 to be able to restore it. Seller said ok I'm available after noon.

I told the seller ok and I can pick it up that night or if too late, first thing Saturday morning. This all happened before 10 am Thursday morning. I haven't heard from the seller since.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: