SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 04:55:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1950's Seeburg Jukeboxes  (Read 3502 times)
morgan1965

« on: June 17, 2012, 12:28:27 pm »

Does anyone know of a website like Soda-Machines.com for 50s Seeburgs?  My google search failed.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 12:37:50 pm »

Yahoo has a Seeburg group.  It takes a few times for the admin to allow access. Dunno why.

http://lists.netlojix.com/pipermail/jukebox-list/

Google is also hosting the oa juikebox discussion board - aka old alt. groups
Not a lot of activity, but I have  found answers

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/alt.collecting.juke-boxes

And there are several members here with jukeboxes or restore them ( oh, like me)

Ask away.

Are any of these groups as friendly and informative as this site? Not on your life.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
morgan1965

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 02:58:04 pm »

Mostly I have questions about parts interchangeability.  I just purchased a Seeburg R for $300.  It's missing the selector unit, including the chrome trim piece and buttons... there's nothing but a hole there.  I'll be picking it up in a few weeks.  I haven't seen it in person, so I really don't know much about the rest of it.  I'm buying it from the sister of the owner who recently passed away.  She told me that except for the selector she thought it looked complete.  Anyway, I also have an opportunity to buy a pretty nice and complete J for $450.  I'm thinking I buy the J and use parts from it to complete the R, and then part out whatever's left of the J.  So my question is about what parts from the J will work on the R? Obviously the grill and mech cover emblem are different, but what about the rest: amplifier, credit unit, selector, dome, cabinet, etc?  Any thoughts on my plan, prices, etc would be appreciated.  If I've hatched a crazy plan, please save me from myself.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 07:36:24 pm »

The J  and R ( and the JL for that matter) are  basically the same  box, with the differences you  noted.The R had 5 speakers, two mounted on the side, which the J didn't
Both used the MRA 5-L6 amp, the selection trim is the same  (and also the same used on the G and W) It's been a while, but i think the R has High Fidelity on the  dome, where the J doesn't

It's a good plan.  And I wouldn't/couldn't pass up those machines at that price.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 10:22:11 pm »

Good idea, as the parts from the J will work on the R.
  TFJ

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: