SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 12:37:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another question on Ideal Sliders  (Read 3227 times)
flippa
25 Cent Member

« on: April 12, 2011, 03:45:44 pm »

Hi All

I have a chance to get a fairly clean Pepsi Ideal 55 for under $100 that has no coin mech or rack but does still cool. 

I currently have two other complete sliders; one Ideal & one Glassco that both have Coca Cola decals.  One of these sliders is fairly rough & needs to be refinished. 

Is the embossed Pepsi slider more valuable than for than the "generic" coke sliders?  I am not looking to sell these anytime soon, just wondering if it makes more sence to refinish the pepsi slder over the generic machine.

Thanks

Larry
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 05:01:08 pm »

I'd say yes, any of the embossed slider will have a bit more value than the generics, however a really nice restored Glasco 50 which was never embossed can have some nice value too if complete and done right.. it's all in the eye of the buyer usually and of course the rarity of the machine.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 04:41:45 pm »

Which one will look better restored sitting in your house...  got to think color scheme, don't want it to clash...  Also as Signguy pointed out that the generics when done right have value...  Which from what I have gathered from ebay and craigslist ads means take a coke machine and paint it into Pepsi theme, say its at least 10yrs older than it really is and use that magic word "rare" when listing it for sale.

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 08:20:28 pm »

I have a bunch of coke stuff; kind of thought of having a little blue Pepsi machine to break up all the red  tounge.

I have a neighbor who has been bugging me to sell him one of the "Coke chests".  He doesn't care about the slider rack or coin mech. 

I do like the thought of having different brand machines around the office
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 09:27:27 pm »

I agree a blue Pepsi machine, does help to break all the red. Also I do like pepsi

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up