SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 10:07:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier CS-96C  (Read 6212 times)
drednot

« on: June 19, 2012, 11:44:41 pm »

I was wondering if painting my Cavalier CS-96C in something other than Coke would lower the value of the machine. I know this machine isn't worth a whole lot, so if I painted it with a Harley or beer design would it diminish the value? I understand this may be somewhat taboo on a soda machine website but hey I am a biker and it will probably hold mainly beer instead of soda. Thanks.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 12:27:21 am »

Welcome to the board!! It's your machine do what you want. The only time it becomes an issue is if you try and sell a HD or beer branded machine. Large corporation copywrite lawyers frown on such things. Before and after pictures would be cool.
Creighton

BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 12:28:30 am »

I think thats a pretty nice looking square top machine.  Would be a great candidate for a fantasy design.  If you like it then do it.  I think the Harley theme is actually a pretty popular choice.  Have seen several well done versions of that theme.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 05:19:58 pm »

I'm new to this myself, but being one of those ho-hum, square top machines that may never hit that top level in value, I think that a Harley theme will help if you have to sell it if it is done right!

Tim
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 05:45:46 pm »

I picked up a Cavalier USS-64 a few years back that had a somewhat decent Harley paint job done on it.  Not a professional job by any means, but it might give you some ideas.

drednot

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 09:09:39 pm »

Thanks for the replies,
I know Harley has people that go around and look for unauthorized use of their insignias, but I doubt they would catch me unless I put the thing on Ebay or something.

TKAZ that machine is cool, I saw one on global compressors sight also and close to what I was thinking. Here in Texas we have a beer company called Shiner and I thought it would be cool done up in Shiner stuff. I haven't ever seen one like that.

I am trying to post pics and I am failing, so I will try to figure that out.
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 10:10:48 pm »

I wouldnt want the machine as a coke,  but as a HD, it would be cool. end of the day, do what you think is cool for yourself and screw the resale, if you like it, someone else will too!!

drinking tounge drinking tounge drinking tounge drinking

Tim
drednot

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 05:23:44 pm »

The area I live in is a HUGE Harley area, lots of bikes and Harley stuff here. I think if I were to resale it it would probably do better in a Harley stile. I just don't know what type of decals I could get and which ones can be cleared over. I guess I can ask that question in the proper part of this forum.

Thanks guys,
Derek
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 08:46:52 pm »

The area I live in is a HUGE Harley area, lots of bikes and Harley stuff here.

Where are you located?  I live in York, PA - there's a huge Harley plant here and the H-D museum.

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
drednot

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 11:49:55 am »

I am in Amarillo, TX. No Harley plants or anything, but tons of bikes and biker restaurant/bars. This whole area is pretty much Harley nuts and we have several different rides in the area. I guess the route 66 thing may have something to do with it.
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 09:01:07 am »

My Dad's Rootbeer turned out pretty good.  I still use it

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b