SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 01:15:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this worth $450?  (Read 13739 times)
JimFromSTL

I'm an IT manager with a zest for mantiques.

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 03:01:14 pm »

I have a trailer, but its a pain and more $ to pull down to Mass or NH with gas and tolls, so I have found myself hoping thinks will fit in my Jeep Wrangler.

As a Jeep owner I'm in this boat as well.  It cost me $300 just to get my motorcycle home from Ohio to Illinois in my 07 Wrangler.  I already get horrible mileage, then factor in the trailer and it's a real punch in the balls.  Unfortunately Wranglers aren't known for their storage.

Looking for:
Dr Pepper and Hires Root beer items. 
Duncan parking meters
License plates for trade
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 04:15:22 pm »

As a Jeep owner I'm in this boat as well.  It cost me $300 just to get my motorcycle home from Ohio to Illinois in my 07 Wrangler.  I already get horrible mileage, then factor in the trailer and it's a real punch in the balls.  Unfortunately Wranglers aren't known for their storage.

But they are cool as hell!! I opted for the 4 door, cause we couldn't reach the baby seat in the back seat, so there is a little more than normal, but not much. Anything you do to it you lose at least 1 MPG. Tires, 2, top down, 1. Trailer... UG!  I do recommend the cold air intake, that is helping get it back up a little. The flash pack was a waste of $...

Tim
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 07:39:08 pm »

Great score. I like the two tone paint. When you get a chance please post some pics of the insides.
Thanks!
Creighton

JimFromSTL

I'm an IT manager with a zest for mantiques.

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 10:27:06 pm »

But they are cool as hell!! I opted for the 4 door, cause we couldn't reach the baby seat in the back seat, so there is a little more than normal, but not much. Anything you do to it you lose at least 1 MPG. Tires, 2, top down, 1. Trailer... UG!  I do recommend the cold air intake, that is helping get it back up a little. The flash pack was a waste of $...

Sorry for the slight hijack.

I have a 2dr sahara running 35's, a 4" lift, all new bumpers, usually topless and doorless, rock rails, skid plate, etc.  I got 10MPG to Ohio and back with the trailer.  14 is normal for commuting to work.  I have a Nissan Altima that I use for long trips and commuting, except for summer and snow days when the Jeep is preferred.

Looking for:
Dr Pepper and Hires Root beer items. 
Duncan parking meters
License plates for trade
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 08:58:01 am »

Snuck out this morning before we leave for the Phillies-Orioles game to take a quick pic of the cooler in the back of the Navigator.  Unfortunately last night's game (a Phils loss) went into extra innings so we got home too late to unload it.   Check out the clearance on the top.  The little cut-out in the roof of the car fits the cooler PERFECTLY - as if it were made for it.   Fortunately, we can take my Jetta to the game, would hate to drive to Baltimore with that in the back.   laugh

More pics tonight, I hope.    Go Philles!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:00:20 am by jholmgren » Logged

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 09:32:39 am »

Great picture!  Since I install power moonroofs in vehicles, I can appreciate that fit more than most people would, and I saved that photo.  happydrinkers
       Didn't someone here recently propose gathering a collection of machine hauling photos? Maybe they could be compiled in the photo section here, cars, trucks and trailers full of treasures.

Glen
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 11:25:59 am »

I haul most of my machines in a Subaru Outback.... fold the seats down (60-90.)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 12:10:47 pm »

Thoses are cool machines.  I think the red and white Westinghouses are the nicest looking machines, wet or dry.  A lot of embossing.  I believe the cold water will chill a drink faster than an ice or air cooled machine.  Water transfers heat better than air and it has a larger surface area over ice.  

There was one in Wisconson for $325.00 a few weeks back.  My buddy wanted it and I told him we could get it last Saturday.  We were going to pick it up the Saturday before but the guy was busy so we all decided on the following Saturday.  Then he wrote Tuesday me and said he sold it.  What a dick. veryangry

A lot of stuff.
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 01:20:30 pm »

The cut out in the roof of the truck is uncanny!!  It's like who ever designed the car, had the idea of people transporting a westinghouse cooler!

I like the fact that others told you what it was worth, and yet you still pulled the trigger on the price above that.  THe prices that people told you here were pretty much spot on, but you got it bc you liked it, and were comfortable with the price.  Making money off machines is great, but enjoying these machines is even greater!!!

happydrinkers
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:32:36 am by bonovox » Logged

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 01:54:08 pm »

Making money off machines if great, but enjoying these machines is even greater!!!

happydrinkers

Truth

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: