SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 12:41:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am going to say it, if nobody else will. Watch what you post!!!  (Read 11201 times)
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 01:21:50 pm »

I am new to the site, I i think its great how everyone is willing to share their knowledge and experience with ALL the memebrs. I personally think it would be unfair to shut people out because they are new. Life in general is full of dishonest people thats why locksmiths and policeman will never be without work. eventually the bad apples will surface and then you can take appropriate action. I think the site is an incredible resource and stays the way it is. my humble opinion.
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 01:29:03 pm »

as a matter of fact, i had made a deal on a popperette for $2500.00 and had a member on this site, buy out from under me for 500 dollars more. I had the cash in hand and a hand shake on the deal, which in my book is as good as a written contract. The next thing I know its on its way to a different state, was i pissed hell yeah,  i am still against censoring any part of the site. 
bmw90w
10 Cent Member

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2009, 10:30:16 pm »

Isn't that what the who's bidding part is for? Like it was said earlier, there are people without 500 posts who are trustworthy. I have bough a machine from John and parts from several other members on here. My word is my bond and that has been proven. There are many other members on here who feel the same I am sure. I think if someone doesn't want the community to find out about it then use the pm. Otherwise if you want to share with everyoone, I think you should. The same 29 people shouldn't get all the deals. We are like a team aren't we? I would not have gotten my transitional if it weren't for a public post. Just my .02

Cavalier CS-96
Vendo 81-A
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2009, 11:59:28 pm »

Interesting thread.
I'll pony up to run a fixed list of who want's whatever. I don't update the eBay bidder list anymore because eBay doesn't display who is bidding as they used to. Made the effort moot. Correct me if there is a current need for this list to be updated.

Sadly there will always be issues on a public forum. Understand that many upstanding registered new members will not reach the 500 post threshold any time soon. This could be lowered to maybe 100 posts, but that is Jims call.

Post some idea's about how the list should be structured and we will work from there. I would prefer a fixed downloadable PDF that is updated as the SMC message board is kinda hard to deal with on tabular formatting. Rough alpha below:

Wanted Toys:
Creighton
PM: Creighton
Email: cjsmith1@ix.netcom.com
Phone: 509-536-6616

Model/Item/:
Poperette

Condition:
Working complete

Price:
<2500.00

Improvements/Idea's welcome.