SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 01:12:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am going to say it, if nobody else will. Watch what you post!!!  (Read 11202 times)
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« on: May 15, 2009, 07:08:17 pm »

Guys,

Over the last few months we have talked about posting "deals" or certain machines on here that some memembers are looking for. Everyone knows I like cup machines and and looking to buy those. There are some on this site that get on here and may or may not be members, but they see what we are talking about and deals and they snip the member out of the particular machine/cooler they want. This has happened to me twice in the last few months. No big deal, more machines come along and sometimes at a better deal.

However, I am getting it off my chest that some people are cut throat and just here to see what deals there are and then beat out the member who really was looking for that particular item. I am going to PM deals to other members in the future and not post "great deals" in the open anymore. I know of a few instances that members on here have lost out on great "leads" due to others finding out and beating them out. Just a heads up.....watch out, because others are greedy and always looking to buy something from underneath you.

Just my opinion, but tried of seeing it happen to me and others.

Brian

happydrinkers

Brian  happydrinkers
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 07:59:31 pm »

Well said Brian !! PMwhen u hear of something and i will do the same.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 08:40:03 pm »

Brian,

I realize this type of activity is difficult, if not impossible to monitor; however, we can utilize the Members Area Forums to discuss things a little more sensitive or urgent... These areas are set for Soda Jerks only which would only include those with 500+ posts. Hopefully, members with 500+ posts would know better than to undermine another member's potential deal!
Just remember there are exceptions to rule...

My six cents,

Jim

Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 09:11:03 pm »

Jim,

Yep, I do see some members on here using the members area forums and they work well. I just hate to see other people lock in on a good deal, only to get beat by someone who reads what we tip on and knock them out of something they really wanted.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 09:20:15 pm »

well, 19 more post to go!!  This makes 481

A lot of stuff.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 09:25:01 pm »

Ha! Larry you will be there in no time!!!!!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 09:41:49 pm »

I totally  agree With you Brian There are people out there that are doing this crap
 and it is just wrong  . So I will PM to a member or even go down to the Soda Jerk area
to let a member know of  great deal, so count me in .

Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 10:11:40 pm »

Nothing personal here as I don't buy much.  But I have had "my grass mowed" way to many times by people from other walks of life.
I learned a long time ago not to talk about a deal until it is sealed and most times delivered.

Rant on:

I consider myself a pretty quiet person, I recently joined facebook.  I reconnected with many people I have not seen in a long time.  But the amount of info they share with friends / public just amazes me.  There are people who announce everything they are doing.  That is just way to much personal business for me that I don't need to know. 
 I learned really quick "loose lips sink ships"

Rant off and 1 post closer to the members area  laugh

Marvin
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 10:39:57 pm »

Agree 100%...  It's awesome to have so many friends looking out for each other and
it's exciting when something someone has been looking for pops up... But PM the
person... and when the deal is made hopefully it can then be posted in their collection....
Count me in... I've been doing this for a while....  So I guess we need a serious wish list started...

As for me ...yeah... a Quikold cooler standard that's it....

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 06:45:05 am »

I agree too,,, I have been doing PM things and have other members clue me in on  deal in my area with PM's as well.. Good Point Brian, thanks for bringing it up.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: