SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 07:54:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to iowa  (Read 3620 times)
Pat Pixley
« on: June 04, 2003, 07:31:22 pm »

I'm going to Des Moines Iowa Saturday this for business
Mon.- Thur. Friday is for me .So is there any one out there ?
or any thing that I should see ?  I'm going on the hunt for old things Hope to find  them.  ':cool:'  ':cool:'  Well if there is any body out there let me know.

SEE YA !!!

PAT P.    ':cool:'  ':cool:'
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 03:51:21 pm »

Well Just So you know I'm back and tere is nothing out
   there in Iowa it was nice  and the people  there where
    nice  but what a sleeper. I Did stop by some Antique
   shops in Illinois the,first one,had vendorator27 on pipe stand all restored at whole $5000.00 and there was
a vendo 110 that looked rough ,the people there would not let me look at the inside and that was priced at $2500.00
and they  where firm on the price.
There was other soda pop thing but I felt that the prices
are to much.

Pat P.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 05:52:08 pm »

Unfortunately, everyone thinks they have a retirement option with soda machine collectibles... That also applies to most soda advertising!

I can remember back in the late 80's when I first started collecting, one of my interests was collecting gas pumps in addition to soda machines and other advertising stuff, I used to acquire pumps for free, soda machines(unrestored) for $50 - 500...

Oh well, I guess I'm showing my age...

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 08:41:57 pm »

Age is a state of mind, don't let it get to you.  You have kind of brushed up against something that makes me sad.  The large number of people that look at the old vending machines and only see dollar signs.  I am saddened every time I read a message on here that seems more interested in the money, rather than the uniqueness of a small piece of history.  Soda vending machines usually bring up fond memories, and still intrigue young children.  What is wrong with having a vending machine just for the pure enjoyment, regardless of its value.  I wish I saw more of a push to keep the old machines around.  Damn the dealers who want to destroy the old, and won't allow anyone to even get parts off of them.  Obviously, a reference to another posting.  How about some letters to the editors in those areas.  One would think that a wise dealer would promote the availability of old parts for restoration.  I would think they would earn more than scrap value, and promote interest in their brands of sodas.  Nothing to help product recognition and sales, than elevation to collectable, or better yet, cult status of a product name.  I'll get off the soap box now.  Thanks for an opportunity to vent.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 10:49:45 am »

Hey  I'm just sorry I did not get to meet anybody from Iowa
that is in the brotherhood of collecting or from this site.
And as far as showing your age Jim , I think we are about the same age . OLD.  So don't worry .
  And Bill Stay on that Soap Box Its good to see some one
else who stands up for what he believes in and whats wrong and whats right.
I just could not beleive that they would not let me look inside the Vendo 110  they told me if I wanted to look inside I would have to buy it. So I came home empty handed.

Pat P.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 12:03:42 pm »

You have to give me a call if your ever gonna be back in Iowa. I know of at least 20 different antique shops you need to see. Too bad I just joined.  ':cool:'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: