SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 11:53:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My latest find!  (Read 13776 times)
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 10:21:19 pm »

Brian,

Not sure how much value the fan adds, I don't think the Ideal machines include a fan and they probably have the same compressor setup.  If you need any additional help let me know, if you wanted to fabricate the fan mount you could probably do this easily, there's not much to it.

At least you have the rack, get a  coin mech and you'll be set.

Thanks,
David
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 08:39:12 am »

If I don't need the fan I probably wont bother with it. I'm still toying with the idea that Glen mentioned about turning it into a soda bar/mini-lunch counter.

I am however still kinda curious where the two pronged connector hooks up to. Is that the original lead that went to the fan?

If I am missing the metal tube that holds the capillary tube for the t-stat, can I still just "shove" it up into the hole with no worries?

Does your 50 have the same mound of insualting compound covering the fan lead, capillary tube and refrigerant line?

Some pictures of this area on your machine would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Brian
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 10:23:50 am »

Brian, that two prong lead would have originally had a female end that would have been wired into the junction box where all your electrical hooks up. it most likely was cut off or rotted off? but not necessary if your not going to hook one up. Mine has the original fan, and it does help to circulate the cold air around the bottles similiar to the fan in a regular upright machine. I've run mine with the fan on and off, and i've found the bottles get colder a litte faster with the fan on, simply because it's circulating cold air around them faster than just chilling the non moving air. (we call it the WINDCHILL FACTOR) up here in the North Woods!  
As far as the GLOB of gunk it's just some putty/insulation used to block that hole and help keep things in place. You could probably discard and just use insulation or plumbers putty there to do the same thing.
Nice machine!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 11:34:55 am »

If you remove that wad of putty you will most likely find that
tube for the thermostat.  It is soldered to the inside of the liner
so the cap tube is making direct metal to metal contact for acurate
temperature reading.
        I have had a tube break loose before and became useless.
Instead of pulling the tub I drilled a small hole through the machine
and strung the capillary tube through and attatched it to the inside.

Glen
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 01:08:41 pm »

Glen -

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at that when I get home tonight.

Signguy - Whereabouts in the North Woods do you live? I have family that lives in Eagle River, WI.

Brian
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 08:51:13 pm »

Restoring the fan is more for function than anything. I always liked this model for it's usefulness over the Ideal as it seemed to cool so much better with the fan. They are a pain to rework but it's really not that hard.

Missouri
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 11:17:14 pm »

Eagle River is about 2 hours NE of me, I'm on the WI/MN Border side in Rice Lake.  let me know if your ever up this way though.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2007, 09:29:40 pm »

Brian,

Here's an auction for the precool shelf for a ideal machine, it looks identical to the one I have in my Glasco machine.

nullEbay 270092193882  

Thanks-David
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2007, 08:40:55 am »

David,

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

Brian
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: