SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 02:49:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: custom vendo  (Read 11089 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 05:11:20 pm »

I guess the Ipod took away the need for a large juke that plays music.

Until they come up with a machine that dispenses coke / beer  that can fit in the palm of your hand, I think these machines will be collectible for many more years. comparing jukes to coke machines isn't the best.

As for values of the machines in the future... well, your guess is as good as mine.  But being a collector and not a re-seller... I don't care what the value is years from now.  I just want then to be affordable now  smile

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 06:16:05 pm »

For me I think it's just so freaking cool to put in a coin and have something come out or a song play. A soda machine and a jukebox look so much cooler than a refrigerator or an iPod. Vending machines now take credit cards, iPods killed the Walkman and Portable CDs, and I have seen iPads with credit card swipers replace cash registers. People like us just need to keep these things alive and keep the history. I hope the day never comes when I sit down with my grandchild and am asked "grandpa wants a coin-op?" 

Just the other day I brought home a regal peanut machine and my 2 year old walked over to it and lifted the flap and got upset when nothing came out. I put in a nickel, he pulled the slide, and opened the flap. He still got upset because it was empty but I was a proud papa as despite all the times he has been out with me buying these, he's never seen me work one that had stuff in it. Smiley 

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
GreenMo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 06:28:19 pm »

I guess the Ipod took away the need for a large juke that plays music.

Until they come up with a machine that dispenses coke / beer  that can fit in the palm of your hand, I think these machines will be collectible for many more years. comparing jukes to coke machines isn't the best.

As for values of the machines in the future... well, your guess is as good as mine.  But being a collector and not a re-seller... I don't care what the value is years from now.  I just want then to be affordable now  smile

I feel the jukebox analogy is very relevant.  Like the Ipod for music, we all know there are many ways to cool down a beer or soda other than vintage soda machines.

I bought my first vendo 81 in 1988 and still enjoy hunting them down.     I was in my early twenties - most people didn't understand the attraction.   Most people still don't understand. 

Most hobbies need young energy to survive (and their money i suppose).    If that baltimore vendo 39 injects new blood in the hobby - I'm all for it.

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 06:40:39 pm »

I totally agree that the Raven theme has a limited market - maybe it has Ray Rice's number on the back?
But I personally don't see the difference in painting a RT in a theme (i.e. Ravens or Packers or whatever) as opposed to making it an Orange Crush. Either way it never existed!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 07:22:00 pm »

I'd suggest painting it Patriots colors that way it will always be in style and hold value. If you do paint it Patriot colors don't listen to the guys on here telling you to check the freon pressure its always on spec at 12.5-13.5PSI.  biggrin

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 07:58:57 pm »

Just don't paint it with Seahawks colors. The damn thing will never run like it should!!!

Tim
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 08:00:37 pm »

I'll "pass" on that.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 08:11:15 pm »

Haha Tim

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 10:27:02 pm »

I have a 39 that looks good from a distance but up close you can see it had a fairly poor repaint done a long time ago.  I have considered redoing it as a MIZZOU machine just for my own enjoyment.  Wouldn't put a lot of money into it, just do it for a fun project.  I personally don't care for the Ravens machine, but I suppose a Baltimore resident would not find my idea very appealing either.  Its a horrible idea from a resale standpoint, but my boys would probably fight over who would get it some day.  That would be my way of passing on the hobby to the next generation.  I guess its everyone's personal choice to do what they want with their own machine.  If you like it that's all that matters.  But I agree it would be awful to see anything purple on an 81. 

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
ss540
10 Cent Member

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2015, 08:22:23 am »

Here's a V23 I did as Dr Pepper, just to add some other color in my man cave.  I have 4 red or red/white Coke machines, so I wanted something different.

Down in Texas
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: