SMC Discussion Areas
May 27, 2024, 06:32:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier Coca-Cola vending machine model #CSS-64FS  (Read 21360 times)
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 08:56:57 pm »

That's the trim level my drawings were based on. I didn't know Cavalier ever designated trim levels like "deluxe". The trim is stainless? I thought it was chrome.
GSP1

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 09:00:50 pm »

That is the deluxe model which included the light-up sign, stainless exterior trim and end caps on each end of the coin entry plate.
       The lock and shelves are no problem to find.   I think it's a good candidate for restoration.

Thanks MoonDawg, I like the light-up sign/color combo on the picture you posted better than that of my future machine. Any ideas the approximate year of mine? Also, which of the two is more rare/desireable?
 The white paint inside the door area on this one is flaking bad and I wasn't sure if it had been repainted sometime after it had left the factory.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 10:05:36 pm »

Also, which of the two is more rare/desireable?

The picture I posted is your model with all the trim chromed or polished.

The white was re-done by Coke, see how they placed their slogan further back on the sides?

Glen
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 10:23:47 pm »

Your red "Enjoy Coca-Cola" is a later marquee. At least the plexiglass part is. The sides were repainted to a later style, common during the woodgrain-era. The original would have looked more like this on the sides. Note that you might have had a different slogan, the outline of the white might have been a different shape. I think there were different sub-styles.

To me, it looks like your machine was "updated" to match the style of Cavalier CSS-64 common from about the mid sixties on, like
this one, but without the woodgrain.

The top machine (and the bottom one also, I think) were restored by our very own Pat Pixley (aka Custom Soda Works). They look fantastic.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:34:02 pm by Pixel » Logged
GSP1

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 10:51:51 pm »

Thanks for the information. I will definitely return this one back to it's original style. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up this week.
GSP1

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 10:59:28 pm »

The top machine (and the bottom one also, I think) were restored by our very own Pat Pixley (aka Custom Soda Works). They look fantastic.

Yes they both look great.
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 11:44:50 pm »

I'm not an expert on these machines by any means, I'm learning as I go myself. If you aren't sure about something, feel free to post to the forum.

I owned a woodgrain style machine similar to the one I just posted (but nowhere close to as good a shape), for several years. When the cooling system is right, you can't ask for a better one, IMO. The later Cavaliers have a slightly different cooling system, but I don't know of any reason the early ones shouldn't be just as good. I never owned one in your style, but I really like the detailing on them.
SelVend 7 up
5 Cent Member

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 12:25:10 pm »

Pixel, how on earth did you get that paint to gloss like that?  Polishing compound?  That looks spectacular.

jawdrop
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 02:53:24 pm »

I'm sorry for the mistaken impression. I did not restore these machines. Forum member Custom Soda Works did. I never meant to imply that I restored them. I don't think in my wildest dreams I could do that well. He did an spetacular job.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:55:02 pm by Pixel » Logged
SelVend 7 up
5 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 03:01:13 pm »

Sorry, I skimmed through reading it and made assumptions.  Mea Culpa.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: