SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 12:35:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where have all of the soda machines gone?  (Read 3096 times)
BronzeGiant
5 Cent Member

« on: October 01, 2010, 04:02:40 pm »

Last night....well, early this morning, thanks to end of month and end of quarter volume (not the word I wanted to use but this is a family oriented forum.) I got off work at 2:00 AM. As I didn't have any soda at home, and nothing was open at that ungodly hour (except for convenience stores and there are none on my way home.) I wanted to stop at a pop machine and buy a can or bottle of pop. Do you think I could find one, nope. Not outside anyway. The local liquor store used to have a couple outside as did the local CVS....now, nothing. Of course mine aren't up and running yet so no luck there. I miss the time when there was a pop machine on about every corner and in front of every gas station.......another reason why then was great and now sucks.

Steve   drinking

Cavalier CS-148-C
Cavalier CSS-64
Selectavend 1-A
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 05:49:49 pm »

I know what you mean, but power and greed has changed things.
It use to be enough to put a vending machine outside of the business, like a gas station to get a patron to come by to get a soda and fill up on gas..

NOW.. it's not enough, they want you to come by, get gas, go inside to get your Coke, Bag of chips, maybe a news paper, some smokes, something to eat later on, maybe some donuts for the morning and on and one...

Greed and power... has pushed away the machines..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 07:23:23 pm »

They are still everywhere on the Military bases. In the dorms/barracks and at the car wash. But I don't see them to often outside in the civilian world.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 07:26:56 pm »

Add the cost of theft, vandalism, and lawsuits from  the family of the flat maroon who rocked it to try to break into it.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 09:57:59 pm »

I know what you mean, but power and greed has changed things.
It use to be enough to put a vending machine outside of the business, like a gas station to get a patron to come by to get a soda and fill up on gas..

NOW.. it's not enough, they want you to come by, get gas, go inside to get your Coke, Bag of chips, maybe a news paper, some smokes, something to eat later on, maybe some donuts for the morning and on and one...

Greed and power... has pushed away the machines..

Not only that, but the service bays are disappearing too. More and more stations are going with the convenience stores for profit and doing away with the service bays. I read a newspaper article about lines at inspection stations getting longer because of this.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 02:59:40 am »

same thing with pay phones at least working ones? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: