SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 04:01:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing myself.  (Read 17505 times)
Witchboard

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 11:04:03 am »

Make sure that the drain tube is not clogged up.

I found a black tube in the bottom of the machine by the compressor.  I'm presuming this is the drain tube and it goes from a connector and drips into the removable pan?  There's this rusty thing hanging down from the top of the compressor area, I would presume, due to the rust, that this is where the water would be coming from, plus it's over the pan.  I haven't seen anything drip from there the last few days I've had it running.  I'll check that out today.

Your slug rejector is dirty. Throw it in a bucket of hot soapy water.

A new ballast costs the same as a new bulb, so save money by installing the ballast first.

I just sold one of these with that 70's looking woodgrain.........for $800.00. This is a
real nice first machine.

I'll have to figure out how to tear down the coin acceptor.  I'm afraid of breaking it, or not remember where things go.  Is the ballast located where the bulb is behind the sign?  I'm presuming you access it by removing the two screws on the bottom of the sign?

$800?  That gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that I got a good deal. hopefull I picked this up for $150.
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 01:26:51 pm »

how did you get $800.00 for a uss-8-64??
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 05:10:34 pm »

how did you get $800.00 for a uss-8-64??

A guy falls for this restored V-81 but $6000. is out of his budget!

Also a Vendo 110 is too pricey at $2500.

So I offer him Cavalier 64's for $800.each.    Still too much $$  veryangry

My final offer, a complete working Coke machine for $400. (Now the guy is all ears)!

I point up to the tall V-126 in the corner.............and his smile dropped.

He then realized that $800.00 is reasonable for a small decent looking machine that
     has been serviced and tested and is ready for home use today!

Glen
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 05:17:02 pm »

Im waiting for a new cooling unit to be completed its going in a super nice original Vendo 63 Price will be $850.00. And will soon be working on a Cav 64, Vendo 56, and 63 new paint, cooling units the works at $1,800.00 EACH Square top prices go up daily as they get harder to find and the roundtops dry up.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2007, 05:58:37 pm »

A guy falls for this restored V-81 but $6000. is out of his budget!

Also a Vendo 110 is too pricey at $2500.

So I offer him Cavalier 64's for $800.each.    Still too much $$  veryangry

My final offer, a complete working Coke machine for $400. (Now the guy is all ears)!

I point up to the tall V-126 in the corner.............and his smile dropped.

He then realized that $800.00 is reasonable for a small decent looking machine that
     has been serviced and tested and is ready for home use today!

Nice job Moondawg
Witchboard

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2007, 10:23:50 pm »

I got some drips in the pan when I checked today.  I guess this hose didn't go to it.  It looks like an upside down bell.  I can see a cotter-pin like it's removable.

As for cleaning the slug rejector, where exactly would that be?  Also, how to I perform a manual payout?
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2007, 10:54:51 pm »

The bell shaped item is the drain tube on some Cav's. It fills with water and dumps it to the drip pan. Just make sure it moves freely and isn't clogged and all should be well.

Slug rejector is the assembly above the blue sticker in your photo. Should be held in place by clips or screws.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Creighton
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 11:30:11 pm »

See pic -

Rejector can be removed by lifting the two (one on each side) spring loaded levers at the top and flipping it out.

Usually the payout switch is located on the bottom right, but I am not quite sure on your model changer.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Witchboard

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 12:05:40 am »

The bell on the drain tube didn't seem to move.  I pushed up on what looked to be a counter weight and it finally broke free.  It now pivots freely on the cotter pin.  I'm presuming that is the correct way it should be working.  Thanks for the tip.

I was playing around with the coin mech, and I flipped the microswitch under the slug rejector a couple of times and the "Exact Change Only" light went out and the mech started humming.  I wasn't sure what it was doing.  I thought it may have activated the gate where I could pull a bottle.  Nope, that wasn't working.  The humming was getting louder, so I unplugged my machine and disconnected the mech thinking I was going to burn something up.  I then removed the slug rejector.

The slug rejector seems to pass quarters, but not nickels when removed from the mech.  When inserted back into the mech both are rejected.  I'll do a search on the forums on how to clean this thing up and we'll see if it makes a difference.  Thanks all for the help.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 05:58:12 am »

The slug rejector seems to pass quarters, but not nickels when removed from the mech.  When inserted back into the mech both are rejected.  I'll do a search on the forums on how to clean this thing up and we'll see if it makes a difference.

The rejector will reject quarters until there are enough nickels in the change tube to give change.
Soak the rejector in some hot soapy water, flipping open the gate and cleaning hard to reach areas with an old toothbrush or whatever. Also make sure all screws are tight.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: