SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 10:26:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New dn 100-5  (Read 2252 times)
petey64
« on: April 14, 2005, 01:07:20 pm »

I finally got some time last night to look at the new machine Moondawg gave me an assist in getting to my home, I was pleasantly surprised at the condition attached are some pictures but it is missing some parts and i am not sure what the correct name for the part is it is the adjustable metal plate that adjusts for bottle or can size and where could i get such a part.
petey64
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 01:11:27 pm »

another pic
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 04:23:44 pm »

You totally lucky dog, you!  That's a really nice machine.  I was looking for one a while back (my dad had the same machine in his service station when I was a kid, had fun memories of stashing my lunch below the can stack by the condenser), but the only machine I'd found was $500 "buy it now" special on Ebay.  Or a local junker that was rusted up the whazoo in the drip pan area.  

I know the part you're thinking of, it's a flat sheet metal piece with spring loaded tabs that slip into holes in the side of the can bays.  They're pretty common in all stack machines, including current ones.  I'd wonder if you could call around local vending places and see if they have any junk machines that you could get parts from.  Or (shudder) e-bay.  The piece is pretty simple, might even be able to fabricate it out of sheet metal, or have a shop do it.  The only trick issue is that they need to go almost all the way to the dispenser cam at the bottom, or the can will slide back from the reed switch that tells the machine it's full of soda.  

The happy part is that your inside case looks clean and free of rust, which is a ogre to deal with in my humble opinion.  Plus it hasn't been "modernized" with black paint and current pepsi plastic signage.  I think the two dimensional sign is really nifty, although that could be personal preference.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: