SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 03:35:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier 8-64 parts  (Read 19525 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 11:13:49 am »

It seems that what I'm doing is not "OK'"...
BUT,  if I was in the business of selling parts or refurbishing old machines, would it be ok then?
I have parted out machines to get parts for mine as it is by far the most cost effective way to do it. Like Joey and Glen have said, the hobby needs parts machines. I just didn't understand what you were doing from your first post.
I do usually try to find the parts individually, but from the list of what you needed, buying this machine for your parts is the way to go. You probably would have spent more on the parts than you did on the whole machine.
Show us a pic of the machine you are keeping!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 11:17:36 am »

It's not a matter of Okay or not okay. Personally, as long as you aren't  stealing the machines, I could care less.  The hobby wouldn't exist without part machines.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
NinjaKai

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 11:57:11 am »

Wow....
My high school math teacher was right...

"Throw a rock into a pack of dogs, and the one who gets hit, yelps..."
 biggrin
But seriously ...

Here ya go..

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 04:14:31 pm »

Well, at least it keeps someone from buying a woodgrain model... tounge

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
NinjaKai

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 04:16:27 pm »

Thats funny...
 laugh
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 04:58:26 pm »

Welcome to the forum. Smiley

Looks like a later model you're working on. I like the later look better myself.

I have no opinion on whether you should part out this or that machine, it isn't for me to say.

Pat Pixley
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 10:52:43 pm »

OK lets take a look at the BIG PICTURE This machine is working  the one he has  Needs part and is not in a working state .  oh

I'm fine with breaking down a machine that is beat to hell and missing parts that's great go for it   but taking a machine  that still looks good
and runs that is not right ,  It's like getting a 66 mustang that needs everything then finding a 66 mustang that is in great shape and saying you going to
stripe that one down for the parts.  Oo

They only made so many and a lot of those were destroyed  by the distributor or the by the owner of the store or gas stations or even by Jon doe who wants it for target practice after he has striped it down .  there are vendors out there that sell parts ( and they keep adding new parts every year) maybe not always the part you need , so you do a little hunting  on ebay or craigslist  or even here, some one may have that part.

the number are getting fewer and fewer .
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:02:11 pm by Custom Soda Works » Logged
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 12:53:07 pm »

Is it okay if I call you Pat? If not I apologize, I mean no disrespect.

Pat, when you restore a machine, do you provide re-branding for a customer that wants it, or would you refuse to restore to anything but the original branding? If I wanted a Mountain Dew Cavalier 64 from a Coca-Cola one that was in less-than-perfect but presentable condition, and I was willing to pay what you wished to charge, would you do it?

NinjaKai

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 02:22:06 pm »

OK lets take a look at the BIG PICTURE This machine is working  the one he has  Needs part and is not in a working state .  oh

I'm fine with breaking down a machine that is beat to hell and missing parts that's great go for it   but taking a machine  that still looks good
and runs that is not right ,  It's like getting a 66 mustang that needs everything then finding a 66 iomustang that is in great shape and saying you going to
stripe that one down for the parts.  Oo

They only made so many and a lot of those were destroyed  by the distributor or the by the owner of the store or gas stations or even by Jon doe who wants it for target practice after he has striped it down .  there are vendors out there that sell parts ( and they keep adding new parts every year) maybe not always the part you need , so you do a little hunting  on ebay or craigslist  or even here, some one may have that part.

the number are getting fewer and fewer .

Big picture?

You've been in my shop?
You know the back story that brought me to this decision? (without me telling it)
Or did you base your opinions on a couple of photos?

In short.
It's a metal box full of parts made by people.
Nothing special..
 I asked for help on this site to find the TWO PARTSI needed.
And when I found this machine, I posted this to help others in finding the parts they need.
Not to read a bunch self serving crap.

And just to pour gas on the fire burning your a$$.
All I needed was a $15 switch and a tiny master link for the chain in the vending stack.

No ill will to any one. But please keep your opinons limited to the question I asked.

Thanks
NinjaKai

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 04:40:08 pm »

Quote from: Custom Soda Works on Today at 04:02:24 pm When was I in your shop and refresh me on the back story ?

Thanks

Pat

Sorry... Not sure I understand the confusion. It was a retorical question. Re-read it

We have never met. You have never been in my shop. And the '"back story" was explaines in the post. But here is a copy of the post any way...

I asked for help on this site to find the TWO PARTS I needed. And when I found this machine, I posted this to help others in finding the parts they need."

So can we end this pi$$ing match now? It's getting old.

Scott
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: