SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:58:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Mech Stopped Working  (Read 4859 times)
hemingway35
« on: April 07, 2008, 05:06:53 pm »

I know that pics would probably help and I can certainly do that, but wondered if the problem was a simple solution so I thought I would send this first. Okay, on Friday we loaded and turned on a 1970's era Vendo Coke machine. We put in our nickels and dimes (20 cents) and everything worked great. The machine is cooling and working perfectly. On Saturday a friend was in the office and all was good as well. Today though, the machine is no longer accepting coins - just returning everything to the return slot. Any hints? It is loaded and it is on. It just stopped accepting money. Thank you.

Not sure if this helps or not, but I was just going over many of the ID plates on the machine and discovered its an H63A (model #) and 00725820 (serial #). Does the 63 mean it's a 1963? This machine was in the Fellowship Hall of my church while I was growing up and then became the property of my dad - so I'm not too sure of the history.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 06:35:51 pm by hemingway35 » Logged
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 03:54:36 am »

Hi Ya

Sorry can't help with your coin mech problem... Stick around someone here can for sure...

With regard to the number its not the year but the number of bottles it vends..

Dave
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 04:43:18 am »

63 is the amount of bottles it holds. Here is a simple test. Your problem may be that there is no change in the change tubes at the bottom. If it is out of change it will only accept correct change. Fill these tubes up all the way with nickels and see if this helps.
hemingway35
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 10:55:06 am »

Thanks for the input. I did fill the tubes to the top (actually just the nickel tube - the dime tube has a cover on it) but still no luck. Should I make sure that is filled too? When we originally turned it on, the tubes were not completely full and it worked great. Weird. I read another post from another question and discovered how to remove the mechanism, which I did. It's an A90 dispenser.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 11:04:18 am »

Do you have a can or bottle machine?

A can stack machine has to have product or coins will be rejected.

Glen
hemingway35
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 02:14:16 pm »

It's a bottle machine. I'll attach a couple pics of the machine and the coin mechanism and see if that helps. Thanks again for the replies.

Hey all-
Okay, I've done a bit of digging through the site and taken some tips from other questions to do a little exploration. I removed the mechanism and found that the area behind the mechanism (the one where little wire arms stick out) had brittle pieces that were falling apart. I'm wondering if those are the electro magnets I've read about in other posts or something different. Anyway, it's very evident that they're shot and need to be replaced. Any tips on where I can find parts like that? Would pics help or is this pretty simple?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 10:42:00 am by hemingway35 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: