SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 12:50:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo vf90b-d coin mech problem  (Read 5735 times)
« on: August 16, 2004, 03:07:09 pm »

I have a Pepsi Vendorlator VF90B-D (s/n: 701031282) and the coin mech stopped working shortly after I bought it.  I have a couple questions that I'm hoping for some advice on:

1. If I buy the Vendo VF90 manual for a Coke machine sold on colamachines.com, will that manual be the correct manual for my VF90B-D Pepsi machine and its associated coin mechanism?

2. The soda machine is connected to a 15 amp electrical outlet.  Does the soda machine need a 20 amp outlet for the electronics to work properly?

3.  The problem with the coin mech is that coins just drop through the mechanism into the coin holder and nothing happens - electrically or mechanically.  Can anyone please suggest the first steps to troubleshoot whether this is a mechanical issue or an electronics issue.

I'm a rookie with soda machines so I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
dlee388
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 11:36:07 am »

Let me take a shot at answering your questions,

#1 - The V90 manual will be the correct one for your machine. Typically the soda machine manuals don't have much info concerning the coin mech. You will need to obtain a coin mech. manual. You can buy/download the manual for your coin mech from www.colamachines.com under the "service manuals" section. Assuming that you have a Coinco S75-9800A/B or a National Rejector you sould be fine because all of the manuals are included.

#2 - You should be just fine with a 15 amp electrical outlet.  Putting it on a higher amperage circuit will not effect how the electronics in the coin mech will work. If you have and under/over voltage, that could cause problems, but I doubt that's what the problem is.

#3 - Your coin mech problem could be a myriad of problems. More than likely it is internal to the coin mech. Without know what kind of coin. mech you have, I would hate to offer advice and have it be wrong. Could you check and see what kind of mech you have and post your findings? A picture would help too.

Hope this was of some help!

Brian
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 11:38:54 am »

Thanks for the advice.  After spending more time on colamachines.com, I determined that I probably have a Coinco mech.  I checked the coin mech power plug and it has the pin configuration that makes it sound like a Coinco S75-9800.  So I'll buy the manuals and start from there.  Thanks also for the feedback on the amperage requirements - saved me from pulling a new 20amp line to where the pepsi machine is located.

Thanks,
dlee388
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: