SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 12:41:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin acceptors inc fp9800-807  (Read 6103 times)
« on: June 08, 2004, 03:13:00 pm »

Howdy All,
I'm bored with the current $25 cent price of a coke in my C-72.  I have a coinco (actually marked "coin acceptors inc.") model FP9800-807 changer in it which is advertised as a five price unit capable of taking anywere from five to twenty five cents per vend.  This changer is different from those mentioned in other posts in this area in that it has a solenoid and cam mechanism rather than a set of dip switches.  The solenoid rotates the cam one click for each five cents deposited and then resets the cam once the set price has been reached.  I'm guessing that the cam can be adjusted somehow to change the price but I don't have a clue how.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
A J
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 04:32:53 pm »

Ok, I figured it out.  The cam lobes are individual sections and are held together by a spring that presses the sections together.  A section of the cam (at the area where you can see the zig-zag gear teeth between the two cam lobes) can be turned independant of the rest of the cam when you compress the spring that holds the sections together.  The prices 5-25 cents are marked on the end of the section you can turn when you compress the cam spring.  All you have to do is compress the spring then rotate that part until the desired price lines up with the arrow marker.  It's really hard to explain, so hopefully I haven't confused anyone looking for directions on price settings.  If anyone needs more information, let me know.  Thanks!
A J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: