SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 12:19:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dublin Dr. Pepper  (Read 2580 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: February 15, 2010, 09:15:16 pm »

Anyone know where I can buy this stuff in cans besides from the website? I want to stock a row in my pepsi machine with it as a surprise for my moms birthday (it is not for a few months but I want to make sure I know where to get it so I can get it in time) but I only found it on the dublin Dr. Peppers website for a lot of money. After shipping and all that it ended up being about 20 or 30 dollars for 24 cans. Could the grocery store order this for me? If anyone knows please let me know.
Thanks
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 10:14:25 pm »

I saw it at Walmart today...have you checked there?

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 10:28:52 pm »

I have not checked there. I will have to try that and see what they got.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 07:30:17 am »

Actually the stuff they are selling at Wal-Mart isn't "Dublin" Dr. Pepper, it's just a promo/temp sales gig trying to capitolize on the whole retro craze.

But, it is the closest you will get flavor wise since it's made with sugar as well. There has been some talk the stuff you see in the stores now are made with a mixture of sugars. Beet Sugar and Pure Cane whereas Dublin Dr. Pepper is made with Pure Cane Sugar all the way.

I've balke at the prices too but....I have also bit the bullet and ordered and REALLY enjoyed it! It's more of a treat than the norm.

Brian
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 07:54:48 am »

Where are you located scalebowler?
You should be able to get DDP at some of the supermarkets in TX. I used to live in Austin and could find it in some of the HEB stores there. Dallas is closer to Dublin than Austin, so I'm sure it is available there too.
Outside of TX, I think you are stuck ordering off the Web.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 10:42:37 am »

Where are you located scalebowler?
You should be able to get DDP at some of the supermarkets in TX. I used to live in Austin and could find it in some of the HEB stores there. Dallas is closer to Dublin than Austin, so I'm sure it is available there too.
Outside of TX, I think you are stuck ordering off the Web.
I'm located in nebraska. Right now in lincoln but I live in omaha. There is a retro soda store here in lincoln I contacted and asked but they told me that they did not produce it in cans. I know they have it in cans because I contacted them after I found out how much it was going to cost but oh well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: