SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 06:46:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vmc-33  (Read 5130 times)
« on: February 03, 2003, 11:11:34 pm »

After inserting a dime and pushing the handle down to vend a coke ,the handle does not return to it's set position. When the main door is opened it returns to it's ready position but than the door will not close because the two couplers are not lined correctly.With the main door open the handle work's fine.When I align the two coupler's so the door will close the same thing happens again.The coupler inside that turn's the drum seem's to be hanging -up keeping the handle from returning to it's set position.Does anyone know how to adjust this?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 10:47:55 pm »

Sounds like you already found the problem, the inside coupler is indeed sticking. It should turn freely when it's locking plunger is pushed in. Best to remove it for cleaning and lubrication, and while you're at it ,do the same with the eight rollers that hold the drum.                                               If you move or remove the drum for this reason, be aware when re-installing that one full turn of the ratchet should leave one bottle slot directly above the drop chute. It's easy to be off by just one or two teeth, and will surely cause bottle jams.   Hope this helps!           Glen

Glen
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 11:03:15 pm »

Remove the ratchet mechanism for the drum and give it a cleaning and grease it.  I had the same trouble with my 33 when I put it together dry.  It would stick pretty regular.

Marvin
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 09:56:07 pm »

Marvin,

Double check the clearance for the drum and the gear that rotates the drum. This can be adjusted via the rollers. And as Glen stated, the timing is critical! If the timing is off and the drum rotates, it will eventually not vend and cause a bottle jamb.

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: