SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 08:56:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adams Gum machine question  (Read 6352 times)
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« on: September 07, 2008, 03:19:11 pm »

Any idea what type of candy fits in an Adams - so far I have tried everything  - chicklets-gum-candy  and no luck. Machine vends properly, I just can't find a brand of gum/candy that works. I have about $35 in candy and still nothing. Anyone have one of these - any ideas...Thanks

Bob
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 05:22:06 pm »

I never had an Adams machine, but I had a Mills and a Stoner gum machine and there always seemed to be two different sizes of gum or candy from that era.  The modern small Chicklet boxes are too big, and the bite sized candy bars are also not the right size.

The bigger slot, on a Select O Vend that I had, held Andes candies.

The smaller slots on some machines vended Bazooka, but so far Canal or Canel Mexican gum vends the best.  It is basically two Chicklets in a paper wrapper.  I bought a few bags at the dollar store a year or two ago.  I don't believe gum really spoils.  I have Ford gum, which I purchased through a place in California, that is easily five years old.  It still is good.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:50:09 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 05:45:05 pm »

I remebered that when I was looking to buy this gum, it was hard to find the size.  The factory wouldn't sell it to you, but there was a distributer on the South side that had Canal gum.  I went to the distributer, and they had every size but the size that I needed.  Then one day I was at the dollar store with the wife and there it was.

The last time I was there, they didn't have any. 

I just now searched the web and all you could ever find was the gum in cubes.  I believe that this place has the right gum.  It is the second item for $2.75.  The box of individually wraped gum.  It is not the minutura singles.  The bags are similar to the dollar store, but the singles are roughly the size of a piece of Pez candy.

http://mexicanfoodsandmore.com/mexicangum.aspx

Here is a picture of the gum from the dollar store.  This bag has 54 pieces.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:53:13 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 11:11:08 pm »

I have thought about buying one of those machines when I see them on E-bay but was always worried about what would vend from them.

Would this work?

http://logogum.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=11

Obviously, not cheap at .21 per pack but maybe these guys would sell it without a logo cheaper?

Tim
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 06:48:11 am »

I tried Beechies gum before and it did not work in my machine.  Maybe it will work in the Adams.

A lot of stuff.
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 08:27:42 am »

I tried the Beechies and it did not work - the box is a little too big.  I am going to look at our dollar store for the Canel's or order some - I'll lety you know if it works.  Nice machine and works great with a penny, but if I can't find something that vends in it - it's going on ebay.. I hope the Canel's work, as I would like to hang it up and use it...

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: