SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:27:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: are these good deALS? Candy and cigarette machine  (Read 9993 times)
Justin W

« on: July 26, 2012, 07:25:10 pm »

Going to look at both of these machines tomorrow.  Can anyone tell me more about them?

The cigarette machine is a Fawn, the guy has had it for 25+ years (he says) but never had a key. Hes just used it for the mirror and decoration.  Says his kids used to pull cigarettes out of it when they were younger.  Not sure of whats inside but he says its light.  Should it be light? Smiley  What era is this from?  50's?  He wants $100.

The candy machine appears to be from the 70's but I'm not sure. Its a national vendors CM72. Cant find any info on it anywhere.  Its in a firestation and has been for years.  An old firefighter left it when he retired.  It was recently serviced and works well,  they just cant adjust the price any higher to make any money on the candy so they want to get rid of it.  They want $125.

Anyone have any info on the machines?  Are these decent prices?
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 07:42:59 pm »

The pictures of the Fawn are not showing the pulls, so there are probably big holes there where they should be. Its fine if you want to convert it into a cabinet for your garage, but he should be giving it to you if the inside is missing. you are going to have a hard time finding the mechanism without shipping, then you will be very upside down on this one.

The national from the 70's is not that visually appealing to me, there are some nationals that are that you would could find for the same price.

personally, I would keep the $125 and look for one really cool one.

Tim
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 07:45:31 pm »

I would not waste your money on these, put your money into a good Stoner candy machine. Cigarette Machines are a hard sell and even harder to find parts for & the Candy machine is what everyone will pass on. Get one nice machine that you can work with.

Curtis, Memory Lane Restorations
Justin W

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 07:50:18 pm »

Thanks.  Im gonna go look at the Fawn and see if it looks complete.  IS there anyway I can tell if the mech inside is working without a key?  Can I put in coins and see if the pulls work....assuming the pulls are there Smiley These machines are all mecahnical right?  no electricity.

And I'm not that into the 70's machine either but it seemed well taken care of and I like to find good deals.  Maybe it'll sit around for another few weeks and I can get it for somethng more reasonable.
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 07:52:59 pm »

Thanks.  Im gonna go look at the Fawn and see if it looks complete.  IS there anyway I can tell if the mech inside is working without a key?  Can I put in coins and see if the pulls work....assuming the pulls are there Smiley These machines are all mecahnical right?  no electricity.

And I'm not that into the 70's machine either but it seemed well taken care of and I like to find good deals.  Maybe it'll sit around for another few weeks and I can get it for somethng more reasonable.

Yes, do not go look at it until he sends a picture of the whole front of the machine. You will see a big gaping hole where the pulls should be coming out. You will be able to stick your hand into it up to your elbow! There is no such thing is a light vending machine made out of steel.  I have the MRI to prove it!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:54:59 pm by MaineT » Logged

Tim
Justin W

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 07:53:56 pm »

Thanks Curtis.  Thats why I come here to get the good info. biggrin
Justin W

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 08:01:11 pm »

There is no such thing is a light vending machine made out of steel.  I have the MRI to prove it!

Thats true!  I was thinking more in comparison to a coke machine,  but these things werent designed to be easily moved around were they??!!

Thanks again guys!  I was trying to get something other than a soda machine and this was my first lesson.  Like I said I'm just looking for good deals and $100 sounded good but not for these two machines.
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 10:04:14 pm »

I always wanted one of those candy machines, until I found one.   It's the kind I grew up with, but indeed they weigh a freakin' ton.   Held off and got a fixer upper Stoner from a member here and couldn't be happier.   Not a lot lighter, but it definately is, and WAAAAAAAAAY more aesthetically pleasing.........
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 01:04:00 am »

If its only around the corner I'd be inclined to have a little lookie ast the Fawn machine. He may throw the other one in...
Justin W

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 01:15:32 am »

The more I think about the cig machine the more I want to know if its complete....whats the harm in going to look, right?  I dont have a cig machine and its just a few miles away. 
My wife would have something to say about that  veryangry
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: