SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 03:33:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoner Candy Machine Model 120 Questions  (Read 10805 times)
DanV
5 Cent Member

« on: August 23, 2010, 08:47:58 pm »

I was fortunate to pick up a Stoner 120 (not a junior, since mine says "fresh candy") for $65. It was rusted big time and I have taken her apart. I am quite the newbie on these. Does the candy stack mechanism move freely when you pull the knob? It seems like all 120 of the little shelves are "locked in place". The coin mechanism , when you drop a dime in the coin flys out the side where the candy supposed to be dispensed. I was looking at a manual  for sale by a sponsor but they are for 180's and other models so I don't know if it will help me. . I am getting a mirror made and will slowly get her back to snuff, but I have never seen one of these working properly so I am stuck. This may be a case of it stuck in a rusted position, I don't know... Here are some pictures for anyone to help me. I would MUCH APPRECIATE it, thanks in advance

Overall machine

Coin Mech front and Back

Shelving front and back

Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 09:40:08 pm »

Hello, Dan

Welcome To the Site !!

I looked At this Machine & Passed on it. You must have been the Other Guy He said Was Coming .Any Way It Will Need To be Completely Taken apart & Sandblasted . There A bear to Take apart Too . I'm From Hamiltion Were You Located . I'll PM YOU We'll Talk On the Phone

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
DanV
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:48:01 pm »

Thanks, I have been around and mostly am a pop machine guy like yourself, and it's been a few years since i have posted here.  Cool
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:22:49 am »

Dan
   Did You Get The P.M ??

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 08:34:27 am »

we'll for 65 bucks, not a bad deal, but ALOT of work ahead of you.. not sure if you'l be able to revive the Stainless STeel trim around the mirror as it looks bretty rusty and I'm sure pitted, but maybe look at getting them chromed and they can fill alot of pits with an acid copper process... might cost more ,but it's the only way to save them and make them shine...
as far as the rack.. once the coin mech is removed, you should be able to freely pull the handles to actuate the shelves, but by the looks of it, you have some serious rust, so that will have to be address first either by blasting it with some heavy rust remover, or by taking it all apart and redoing each peice..

as far as the mech,, looks rusty too, but maybe look at having it restored.. a member here (collecture) can take care of that for ya..

welcome to the stoner club... ! happydrinkers

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 08:37:29 am »

I probably would use it for a parts machine and buy one for a couple hundred and not go through what's instore for you.

A lot of stuff.
DanV
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 08:48:51 am »

Dan
   Did You Get The P.M ??

Yes, check your PM's
DanV
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 08:52:45 am »

we'll for 65 bucks, not a bad deal, but ALOT of work ahead of you.. not sure if you'l be able to revive the Stainless STeel trim around the mirror as it looks bretty rusty and I'm sure pitted, but maybe look at getting them chromed and they can fill alot of pits with an acid copper process... might cost more ,but it's the only way to save them and make them shine...
as far as the rack.. once the coin mech is removed, you should be able to freely pull the handles to actuate the shelves, but by the looks of it, you have some serious rust, so that will have to be address first either by blasting it with some heavy rust remover, or by taking it all apart and redoing each peice..

as far as the mech,, looks rusty too, but maybe look at having it restored.. a member here (collecture) can take care of that for ya..

welcome to the stoner club... ! happydrinkers

Thanks, I used the electrolytic process to remove all of the rust off the trim. I sanded it and for now I just used chrome paint over primer. Not as good as chroming it, but I just want it working and presentable (and I'm cheap).The new mirror is being made. I'm thinking od renting a sand blaster (or sodium bicarbonate). Anyone ever use either material? Which works best in your opinions?
ducatihummer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 08:56:23 am »

For $65 I would have grabbed it as well. There is a lot of rust but most of it looks like surface rust. if that's the case it shouldn't be much differant then restoring one with just some suface rust. Your should blasted it either way and start from there. As far as the rack they just look hard to deal with. I've taken a few apart and they are really easy to work on. Just spray it with something to loosen it up and start taking it apart. Take pics that way you remember how it goes back together. as far as the shelves you have to start at the bottom and work your way up. Once you take the bottom one out the rest are easy.

The manual would be the same for the 120 as the 180. the only differance is you have less pulls but the rest is the same and should be fine.

If you need any help or pics you can send me a PM, but I'm sure once you start on it you'll see it's not too bad and you may be able to come up with a real nice Stoner when done.

Frank

Vendo 110 LD
Vendo 81D
Vendo 56
VMC 33
Vendo Changer, Early
Vendo Changer, Late

Stoner Theater w/Gum
Stoner JR w/Gum
Stoner 180 w/Gum
DanV
5 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 09:10:28 am »

Thanks, I'll start on the racks this weekend. It does look overwhelming now, but I got an auto body shop guy who can paint her one I get the rust off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: