SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 05:24:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 39 Bakelite bottle door  (Read 3111 times)
Jeffmon
25 Cent Member

« on: May 02, 2012, 07:27:17 pm »

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone here has had any success repairing the Bakelite bottle doors on the V39 ? I've tried several different mothods with some degree of success but they always eventually break again. These are the three main methods I've tried, good old super glue lol not so much ! JB Weld, and the last thing I tried which was probably the better of three so far was the resin method they use on old Bakelite phone repair/restorations, that lasted the longest but eventually broke as well, I know the SodaJerkWorks repair them, would anyone happen to know the prossses they use ? I did give them a call and the repair price is very fair but I have 3 needing repair plus shipping from Canada, just not very cost efective plus I would much rather fix them myself... It's a matter of pride at this point lol Any input would be greatly appreciated, Cheers !

Jeff !

briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 09:22:18 pm »

what about using stiff wire. drill holes on both sides of broken parts and use the wire as a rebar resin them in the holes then resin the two pieses together. like how concrete repairs are made just on a much smaller scale. just a thought. Good luck

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: