SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 03:10:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Find a Good Paint/Body Guy?  (Read 3004 times)
Aron

« on: April 25, 2012, 06:39:45 pm »

Hey everyone,

I've got a number of items I would like to have professionally painted/restored (coolers, coffee grinders, scales, etc).  Where do I start in trying to find someone good locally in my area who does this type of work?  I don't have any interest in doing it myself, I want to get someone who will do the job well.  Most of my items just require a professional paint job and not much else.  Any pointers from you guys in how to locate someone would be greatly appreciated.  I live in the Kansas City area.   

Thank you!
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 10:22:45 pm »

I'd start with vintage motorcycle/car restoration shops. They may be more inclined to do one off projects.
Call around and if they are interested stop by and take a look at their shop.
You will pay top dollar but the results should be good for another 50 yrs or so.

Car show season is starting can always ask those folks who is the best.
There are a few SMC members in your area that may have some ideas as well.
Hope of some use.
Creighton

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 08:17:08 am »

It's usually not an easy task, but at least your in a fairly large area so should have plenty to chose from.

I'd take photos of what you have and like Creighton said, just start calling around..

I'd stay away from big name shops or chain shops and find some local independantly owned shop..

other members from your area may chime in too... be patient as it may take some time..

once you find one, take him a small item and get it done and if you like the results and price, then move onto the others...

Good luck!

John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: