SMC Discussion Areas
May 23, 2024, 05:59:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing myself, collector, long time lurker, finally got in!  (Read 10941 times)
FullThrottle
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 08:53:33 am »

Thank you for the very warm welcome guys!

Is there a list of old mechanical machines w/ pics? I've enjoyed going thru the pop machine albums, and would like to see more Cigar, Cigarette, Candy, gumball, and oddball coin-op pics/descriptions.

Since these are all before my time (again, I'm 28, a baby) I have no reference as to even the age of a machine or how much is a fair price, since most are pretty hashed.

I'm an auto mechanic in real life so I love to tinker and fix old things. Been doing it my whole life alot of the skills pretty much boosted my experience and natural ability when I started going nuts on the coin-op.

What are "sherbits"? There is a Sherbits candy machine near me, looks kinda cool, but again, being so young I HATE TO ASK YOU GUYS EVERY OTHER AFTERNOON WHAT THIS OR THAT IS AND SHOULD I PAY XX FOR IT?

Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 09:37:01 am »

Fullthrottle
               I beleive it was a Candy like Sweet tarts ??Not Sure Though .They was a Machine Local to ( me in Cincinnati ) Machine in Kentucky abought 3-4 months back just LIke the one you Picture .For $100-$150 I think It was on E-bay Then Craigs List Never Sold That I know Of . But REMEMBER !!! If you like it Buy It !! If it a Good Deal Or YOU WANT IT ANYWAY  tounge

Ltransam

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 09:44:33 am »

Welcome, i'll have ot have someone send  the pics on page one, but it sounds like my kinds of room.

Questions are good, we love sharing our knowledge,  And  like Len said, if you find something you like,  jump it. I kicked  myself  too many times when I over anlyzed the deal, and lost it to someone else

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: