SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 03:31:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse WC-78 cooling issue  (Read 3327 times)
LEDCREATIONS
5 Cent Member

« on: March 20, 2012, 02:05:06 pm »

So Ive been playing with this machine trying to get it to work. The coin mech hmmms after a dime is depoisted, vend motor works fine but to trigger it I have to be the switch and rotate the the motors trigger till the switch clicks letting it vend.

Now for the refrigeration system.
I hear a hiss suggesting there is freon, I hear the compressor run, the fans both run but I dont hear a click from the compressor. Is that click a relay, a breaker, a valve? and is it repairable or is the compressor shot?

I want to get it cooling first before I tackle any of the other issues but if the compressor is shot I think this will be becoming a parts machine. Any help would be great. Thanks ahead of time.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:35:14 pm »

I would rewire it and clean up the contacts. It can be quite a jungle by the compressor, but just take lots of pics and go slow taking notes of what is connected to which terminal.

I have a scan of the wiring, but may not be exact for your style....
My WB-60 wiring was numbered L1, L2, 12, 13, etc.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:39:56 pm by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
LEDCREATIONS
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 05:47:53 pm »

Your right Tom it is a jungle haha. I opened the compressor wiring earlier today and saw the jungle looking for broken wires. None broken some are cracked from I'm guessing excessive heat. I was thinking maybe the thermal switch is bad but I'll clean it all up tomorrow and see if it kicks on.
To add:
The compressor also gets warm over time.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 09:01:48 pm »

be aware that the "hissing" noise may be a leak in the system, be very aware of the cracked wiring as it presents a shock hazard, it's time to repair the electricals before proceeding.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
LEDCREATIONS
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 11:56:46 pm »

be aware that the "hissing" noise may be a leak in the system, be very aware of the cracked wiring as it presents a shock hazard, it's time to repair the electricals before proceeding.

I don't want to get to heavy into the rewire if the compressor isn't good. I planning to clean the contacts and try it out again. If that doesn't work there has to be something that makes that clicking noises. What part of the compressor does that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: