SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 03:21:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1971 Rowe mm5  (Read 3475 times)
keithm
5 Cent Member

« on: July 23, 2009, 09:10:31 pm »

Last Saturday my Dad and I went to pick up this jukebox that my parents bought. We got there and the guy showed us that it operated properly and sounded good. He also had 3 crates and 1 box full of 45's(1950's-90's) that we also picked up.  So we got it out of his house and down his front stoop without breaking it or us, and arrived home an hour later without incident.  We get it out of the van and into his garage, then my mom comes out and she is all excited to hear it.  So we open it up , plug it in, add a couple of records, close the top, and punch in our selection.  The record starts to play and it sounds terrible.  My mom asks us what we did to it.  Then asks us if we listened to it before we bought it.  My dad and I are standing there trying to come up with answer. We open it and cancel that selection and that's when I see the problem.....     the guy we bought it from had duct taped the arm(?) so the needle wouldn't break during shipment.  We had forgotten to remove the tape and the needle was now bent.  So needless to say, mom's mood turned south very quickly and dad and I threw a tarp over it(the juke, not mom) and shoved it to the corner of the garage.

So,  the info I could use is:

A) manuals if anyone has them or knows the best place to get them, copies are fine

B) Websites that may be helpful

C) places or websites for parts(esp needles)

Thanks

keithm

pics to follow shortly

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 10:24:32 pm »

John Durfee runs http://www.needles4jukeboxes.com, and has the needle for the mm5 for under $20. I buy all my needles form him. Great service, and quality
Victory Glass is (victoryglass.com) prolly has the manual you need. They  print clean (non xeroexed copies) when you  have your head in the box tracing wiring, you will appreciate a clean copy of the schematic.  Manuals can be readily found in Ebay.

For discussion, and help http://webreports.netlojix.com/pipermail/jukebox-list is still prolly the best, but be  warned,  the regulars can be harsh on newbies, but the epxertise there  is prolly the best.

For clean reprints of 45's - Oldies.com. Yes you can find 45's at garage sales and Goodwill stores,  but the quality is hit  and miss, I left many 45's  piled on the spindle, left on the speakers instead of the sleeve, piled books on them, etc.  Find a copy of Mom's favorite song on 45. and make it A1 on the selector, she will forgive you both  biggrin

Oh yeah, there are free title strip templates  across the 'net, if You have a color printer, and MS word, on your PC you can make your own strips.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: