SMC Discussion Areas
May 24, 2024, 06:50:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I had a good weekend  (Read 4115 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« on: July 13, 2009, 02:09:37 pm »

Haven't had much luck finding a good deal on  pop machine locallys, but good deals on restorable jukeboxes seem to be coming out of the woodwork.
Picked up a Seeburg G,a C and a Wurly 2304s ( if not Wurlitzers first stereo juke, one its first), and a lead on a unrestored, complete and  playing 1015. (my RC81 of jukeboxes)

I mention this so when you feel dejected after too many wild goose chases, and $5000 vendo squaretops on Craigslist,  remember there are deals to be  found still. Take a deep breath, forget about the sellers who don't reply to your email, and smile politely  at thsiose garage sale people wanting to finance the heatlh care system with their rust bucket coke coolers, and be patient, you'll score a deal, and maybe make some side business out of it also.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 02:21:01 pm »

Awesome score! Where are you finding such great deals, locally? Do tell!  biggrin

Brian
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 02:42:07 pm »

What would be a good price for a working Seeburg A, B, C, or W(is that the one with stained glass looking columns??)Say the cabinet is nice, and juke box works.  I always wanted one, but I wouldn't know a good price if it bit me in the a**.  Not free, or $1.00, just an average price.

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 04:12:22 pm »

Can't wait to see photos.. and it would be awesome to find a nice working or really any 1015 for a good price.. I have the HIGH on the Want list... and already the PREAPPROVAL From the wife on where it will go, once restored of course...
Lets see those photos..

Larry, good price on a G or W the style yoru looking for ,, anything under 900 would be a "Good deal" I would say... I see a lot of these working and nice for 1000-1500, restored for aroudn 3200.

I like the G or W,, and they have either the solid chromed pilasters or the "Stained Glass" look..

both are great Jukes, I have an original G myself with the Chrome Pilasters. Love it!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 04:49:34 pm »

Thanks,

There's one local for $1,200.00 with caps replaced.  It's an A or a B.  But I'm just curious right now.  I love the B and the W.  I use to think the C was the ultimate, but I just got tired of always seeing them and really have no interest in them anymore.

A lot of stuff.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 05:17:18 pm »

The A was the last machine to play 78's, many were converted to play the new fangled 45's.   The A or B is a nice looking machine, and like a classic pop machine, is artistic and looks good even when not in use.
The W is the same as a G with out the high fidelity amp, but the patch pilasters light up. and the coke red mech cover  makes it look sharp.

Brian:  All three were from the same seller,  met him after buying my Rockola from him off Craigslist.  made his money salvaging old buildings, and knows jukes as well as soda machines, and has found them and bought them.

Yeah, I'd love to have a warehouse filled with stuff I found. No popperttes I could see, but several Stoners, a 59 Caddy,  and a whoe lot of signs and just cool stuff.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 08:51:59 pm »

Ok I would Really like to see these instruments of music
So lets see some photos . Cool
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 10:53:18 pm »

Your right jukes have really dropped in price. In the past three months or so I have bought a Rock-Ola 1454 and 1432, a AMI G120, and a Seeburg C. I have been bitten by the Jukebox bug. Its almost as bad as soda machine but they are much harder to work on Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: