SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 11:17:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 22 Candy and Cigarette Machines, One Lot 650.00 Michigan  (Read 11789 times)
Pat Pixley
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 09:53:19 pm »

You know I' going through a 3 step program right now to just say NO biggrin
WOW!! that felt good.

I will help Tim or Jim only if I get a Cut  Cool
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 10:32:03 am »

I don't think they would be worth much more than what you pay for them in parts, only because I don't think that there are very many of them in circulation or are that many people "looking" for parts for them...
So where talking about 30.00 per machine 22/650 right... If they where near me, I'd probably buy them.. clean and or paint them up and then try to resell them for 300-400  each.. maybe a chicago show or something... not sure if all would sell, but you could make a few bucks without haveing to put too much into them.. if they are complete..

might be a big project but if the price was right, people might buy them...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 01:18:44 pm »

John

I think you are right...Its amazing what a new coat of paint and perhaps some decals will do...
If you have the space and are in no rush you could shift three and then everything else would be profit...

A good opportunity for someone to start a little sideline...

You'd need to have a big garage though...
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 06:44:12 pm »

You'd need to have a big garage though...

And the full approval of the War Department!  laugh Cool biggrin

drinking Tim drinking

I am going to stay in touch with the guy.  help
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 07:39:47 pm »

I say run, run far and fast.
 If there was any demand, or value,  the seller wouldn't have a warehouse full of them and wanting them all gone at once.  They aren't Stoners, more like 60's machines, so the coin mechs aren't going to handle the $4-6 bucks a pack or whatever the current rate is in a bar. Don't forget Michigan has a law that bans cigarette machines in places  under 18 yrs old can access - when was the last time you saw a cigarette machine in a restaurant?

Good luck trying to convert cigarette machines to dispense candy, and c'mon load them with candy cigarettes? 

Sorry to be cranky, but I'm cranky. Save your money for something cool and useful  that will go in your man cave and has a resale value if you decide to sell it later.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 07:44:40 pm »

Am I the only one that thinks the National candy machines are SWEET? I think they look great redone. A little more modern than a Stoner. They are from the late 50's into the early 60's. I personally love the "candy" script.
    They are a lot of work to restore properly as with any machine, so I don't think restoring and selling for $500 would be worth it. They definately won't bring the money a Stoner will either. Perhaps they will be the next affordable candy machine though. Just my two cents.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 07:59:18 pm »

OldSkool,

I agree that the National Candy Machines done up look great!  The problem with this bunch of machines is that there are only 3 Candy Machines in the bunch.  The rest are cigarette--mostly the big National 13 pull cigarette machines.  As Kilroy said--the candy cigarette set up in a 7 pull or a 9 pull is neat but for a 13 pull the novelty wears a bit thin and I did not like candy cigarettes that much when I was a kid!  biggrin

I don't want the whole load but he has a few of the older eleven pulls that I could use for parts for my 7 pull and 9 pull that I want to restore.  Right now he wants to move the lot as one sale though.  Not going to break the bank for a few parts though.

drinking Tim drinking
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 09:14:44 pm »

Can't imagine many people in the 21'st century wanting to purchase a square
looking "cancer-stick" cigarrette machine to show off to their friends and children!  glare

Glen
Basementgeek
10 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 12:22:00 am »

I have 3 of these, 2 with the original paint and they are pretty nice.  They were converted to an electronic mech.  We used up in till the early 90's. They are liitle to no rust. They are candy, not Cig's.

I have some of the three finger mech's and I think is a brandnew sidewall, still in the box.

I also have a couple of very nice manuals, for the these National 510 series machines.

My boss bought one these back in 1956, new, so they are not as old as the stoners, but they pre 60's type machine.

Anybody that wants to buy these stuff, contact me.

BG
rogerz
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 10:26:54 pm »

I also like the look of the National machines!
Don't forget the 60's were over 40 years ago so they are pretty old.
If someone gets these, contact me cause I could use some parts for one that I have.
Thanks
rz
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: