SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 03:11:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie needs advice and wisdom  (Read 12043 times)
87bob

Old enough to know better still to young to care!

« on: October 20, 2013, 06:58:54 pm »

Note to all I'm up and running coin changer works, got about a cap catcher, and a coin box. I'm enjoying a adult beverage.  happydrinkers

I just bought a Vendo H63B. For is age it is in fairly decent shape but I am having some issues. When I try to put coins in they drop right through the acceptor. The acceptor is a Coin Acceptor EF-9400. I have checked the bottle racks and they seem to all be working and free. Can someone give me a place to start checking I have pulled the acceptor and don't see anything wrong but hay I also don't know what I'm looking for. I did change the light at the top of the bottle rack (works now when the switch is pressed on the main connection)and the light at the top of the coin slot (which didn't come on) but I cannot find how the get access to the light behind the Coke sign.
To recap my issues are:
1) coins drop all the way through the acceptor.
2) light by the coin slot not lighting.
3) how do I access the light behind the Coke sign.

Any other advice welcomed. THANKS!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:57:43 pm by 87bob » Logged
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 07:53:23 pm »

Hi and welcome,
I would start by checking  to see if the coin mech is plugged into the jones plug and normally it won't light unless it's coined up. For testing purposes  you can try by-passing the coin mech ...check out this posting on free vend  http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,871.0.html
To access the light behind the Coke sign, try opening the door and looking for some screw under the sign.

Good luck.. I'm sure some others that know your machine better will chime in with more

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
87bob

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 08:18:41 pm »

Thanks for the reply! By the way I love Vernors, I remember when Vernors had the plant in down town Detroit.
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 10:26:20 pm »

Hi,
I remember driving past the Vernors plant a few times when I was a kid, it was very cool looking...
So are U from the Detroit area? If so do U also remember Altas pop?

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:11:35 am »

I regret never going on the tour of the Vernors and  Stroh's plants.
And Ray, not to hijack the thread, Atlas pop was the official soda of Hamtramck

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 08:19:45 am »

To access the light behind the Coke sign. Open the main door, there are to screw on the side that hold the sign in place. After you take the two screws out, carefully pull the sign housing from the right side.  The left side of the housing has two pins that will slide out as you remove the housing.  As for the light at the coin entry I assume you are talking about the exact change only light.  It will only come on when you are low on coins in the changer.  Could also be burned out.  Either way that light does not stay on all the time.

Greg
87bob

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 11:18:39 am »

Thanks for the replies and the trip down memory lane. Yes I do remember Atlas soda. Do any of you remember there used to be a bottling company on Dequinder about nine mile?
87bob

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 11:25:20 am »

If my problem is in the coin acceptor is there a unit that will drop in place of the one I have? I have been told these are so old no body services them any more.
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 03:38:11 pm »

Yes you can simply unplug the coin mechanism remove it and replace it.  They are available for about $100 on ebay or members on here that refurbish them. Someone will chime in that may have one for sell.

Greg
87bob

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 07:32:22 pm »

Well I did the #1 & #3 jumper and the vend portion works fine. So now on the coin acceptor. Since I'm not up on the terminology I have to describe the parts I have a beige coin acceptor unit. If I take the unit off the top and install the chutes (return and acceptor) when I plug it in it pulls in a solenoid as soon as I plug it in is this normal? I believe this is why it is not taking in coins but returning them. Huh? Any suggestions?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: