SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 03:45:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY machine  (Read 6187 times)
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 06:46:28 pm »

That's great! 

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 08:06:37 pm »

Who makes your machines? Also how old are the machines? They look a little like Vendo 56's. You mentioned they are from the 80's you all must have used glass bottles longer than the USA as they did not make slant shelf machines in the 80's that I am aware of.

Also here is another way to add round corners to a square machine. It actually looks better in person. Sorry for the bad picture as it is only 1 corner in the pic. A friend of mine did this a long time ago and I was so surprised how good it looked. In person when you first look at the machine it looks like it is a round corner machine but in reality the corners are just painted black to make the illusion of a rounded corner. I just spray painted this on the body of this machine I am working on.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 08:29:01 am »

Very cool machines and a great idea.  Nice work! happydrinkers

drinking Tim drinking
Kimmer
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 06:13:25 am »

Thank you everybody.. I did as much as i could myself but regarding paint and fabrication of the "round-top" i had to get help. I have seen many of the car restoration shows and i was wondering why not try that with a boring looking vendingmachine. I think the result came out pretty decent. Maybe i could pas on some ideas to others. The "round-top" consist of 3 pieces of sheet metal (a front, back and middle section), bend 4 places and welded together, that`s it. It completely changed the look of it.
I have got some inquiries on how much they would cost if i was to sell them, to be honest i haven´t got a clue,...yet.
It is a danish company called SCANOMAT who made them at the time. Today they just make coffee machines. It is basically identical with a Vendo inside and outside, maybe they made them on a licence  from Vendo, but i don´t know. We had glas bottles in Danmark until 1995. I found glas bottles in Russia 3 months ago and bought 6 of them.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 06:36:16 am by Kimmer » Logged
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 02:55:29 pm »

Looks really cool,   Thanks for all pictures...........  What size bottles does it dispense?  Can it handle cans as well?    Do you have any other coin operated machine i.e. jukeboxes, pinball machine etc?

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up