SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 11:13:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter Max Design V-63 Found in La. Warehouse.  (Read 23993 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 06:13:18 am »

Agree, under machine lighting is a great idea. Small LED's projecting light out from the lower vents of rounds tops would be very cool.

I have a SV with P. Maxs 7-up side logos that don't match yours but are nice. Maybe some Photoshop combination of the two images would get you something of use.

Beat from traveling but will get some pics up Mon.

Creighton
vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 09:53:26 am »

Neat score!

Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 10:39:26 am »

Thanks. No, not custom or at least not at this point. Am talking to retailers for street neon. The neon some install underneath their cars or motorcycles. Some are real neon, some are LED's made to look similar to neon. They will be 12v units,,I do know that much but have no idea how much light is generated from 6",8",12" or 18" unit and some have built in transformers and some have a separate unit to power the neon. So have questions if there is any real difference in light appearance or brightness when you compare the two systems. As I told the kid at Autozone when I was there trying to get some info,,,at 65, I missed the neon underneath care era and had a few questions. LOL
Glad you like the neon idea. I also think it will be an eye catcher and plus I'm leaving all the original light fixtures in machine,,so none of you who believe in only an original restoration won't give me such a hard time.LOL

Look forward to the pics Creighton. Yes,,,am also looking at green neon behind the lower front grill. Going to try one there when they come in to see how much light will come through the many vent cuts in panel.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:46:29 am by Rebel » Logged
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 11:00:15 am »

I believe Pat  put neon under an Ideal 55, and I've used the car tubes on a Seeburg G.  In Michigan neon lights on a car are illegal, yet the automotive stores still carry them

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 03:18:25 pm »

well,, from what I can gather, the neon being sold on Ebay and in the auto parts stores are actually cold cathode units where neon produces much more heat so if I'm not mistaken,,the CCFL lighting you can buy at Lowes or any other lighting store, is the same as the different length tubes these guys are selling.
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 07:18:40 pm »

Got most all back together today. Had a slight issues with coin door alignment but after a couple of washers added for spacers, all is good. Selection door, grill, coin door and coin mech. and area inside coin door,,,,DONE. Also got the coin drop panel pained but still looking for info on how to install without scratching up new paint on door where panel installs.

STILL LOOKING FOR OPENER BEZEL.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:44:10 pm by Rebel » Logged
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 06:06:48 pm »

Front complete with marquee and backlight less decals. Factory bulb in selection area was replaced with green CCFL and as soon as neon comes in, will light up selection panel and inside will be green neon glowing through selection holes.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:32:44 pm by Rebel » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 07:10:02 pm »

Wow........that looks awesome!  happydrinkers

I believe you have brought squaretop machines up to a new level. Thanks for sharing, I'm going to borrow your idea. Cool

I think I have your bezel, fits a cutout 2.75" X 1.5".

Glen
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 07:25:09 pm »

Looking very good!  To think that was sitting in a warehouse just waiting...If you're interested in some trim that pops, you can buy the 5/8" chrome trim strips from Autozone, Advance, or whatever is near you.  They actually work perfect as trim on these and you can mitre the corners to really finish them off.  I used them on my V-90 and was happy with the results, as you can see I need the bottle opener bezel as well, somewhere someone has a huge collection on them on a wall, as I can't find one anywhere  glare

Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 07:38:09 pm »

Hey,,thanks guys,,really appreciate it.
Let me measure my opener area again but think that 1.5 may be on the small side. Thanks for mentioning it and will be back with you on that measurement but think it's 2" wide. Will check.
Like that idea of the chrome trim. Will look at that and see what I can come up with.
Back with you shortly on measurement and thanks again for that chrome trim idea. Like it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: