SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 08:59:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter Max Design V-63 Found in La. Warehouse.  (Read 23992 times)
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« on: August 14, 2013, 09:40:40 pm »

Hello everyone. First time on forum and look forward to meeting a new crowd of folks.
This is my second machine to go through. First was a spintop which got me hooked.
Picked this 63 up in a warehouse where it had been for many years in La. An ol Cajun who I think was retiring told me it was given to him years ago by a lady on his route and has been warehoused since.
I'm very curious about the Peter Max design lighted display. I've seen many of Peter Max art work on Ebay and other sites but none with the clouds at bottom of display and then the night sky with stars then a rainbow and night sky again at the top. With the display light on, I think it's about the coolest I've seen yet. Does anyone know anything about this display. I have found nothing even close to this design.
So far, I've almost completed the interior and about to start the exterior so am sure I'll have many questions.
Will post more pics later,,trying to get this resizing down right now.LOL
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 01:48:09 am »

Welcome to the board!!
Ask all the questions you want and post pics as the restoration moves along.

Thanks!
Creighton
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 09:18:14 am »

Thanks for the welcome and will do on the pics.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 09:29:27 am »

Welcome to the board!  Nice sign, I haven't seen one like it before...the Peter Max designs definitely are unique

Here's another much larger one that's on Ebay now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PETER-MAX-7up-sign-RainBOw-SEE-THE-LIGHT-extremely-rare-pop-machine-NIGHT-SCENE-/300925070870?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4610882e16

I'd say that your sign would be more valuable as it fits in Vendo 63's and 90's, which are more popular machines.  Tough to get a real price gauge without seeing what one has sold for either.

Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 11:19:02 am »

Thanks for the welcome,,appreciate it.
Thanks for posting the Ebay auctions on Peter Max. Had run across these and also many others by entering in Yahoo search box,,,,"pictures of Peter Max & 7UP" Had many but no night sky at bottom. Yes,,will be hard to determine value without any such information as of yet.
About to pull cooling unit so go to get to work. Take care and thanks for the info
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 11:27:54 am »

Will try  little better shot of the Peter Max. Haven't gotten the reducing pic size down pat yet.lol

Alligator

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 11:05:10 pm »

Nice 7 up sign. Post a few more pics of the whole machine.

Check out this older thread with a different design Peter Max.
http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,15127.0.html
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 07:25:50 am »

Nice 7 up sign. Post a few more pics of the whole machine.

Check out this older thread with a different design Peter Max.
http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,15127.0.html

Thanks for sharing the thread on the Peter Max. In a search, I found that design but still have been unable to find the one on my 63. Will post more pics in a week or so. I have it disassembled right now doing a complete overhaul and adding some neon inside.
One of the things on my list is finding an artist to repair two very small areas where paint has been rubbed on backside of rainbow display.  Most wouldn't notice but I know.LOL
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:29:49 am by Rebel » Logged
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 11:41:39 am »

No pics yet, but just wanted to say I'm finished with the inside of the 63 and just about ready to spray front. Also waiting on green neon to install behind selection panel and also behind marquee. Am also changing out the adjustable levelers to longer bolts to raise machine up high enough for green neon under machine. Guess the custom thing is a carry over from my street rod building days.LOL Will post some pics soon.
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 11:48:48 pm »

Welcome! ....Wow that's a really cool idea with the neon, I love anything that lights up especially neon.....Where are you getting it from... is it custom?

My old plain USS 96 needs some customizing....  
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:51:05 pm by rayg » Logged

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia