SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 05:55:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo Decorator  (Read 20716 times)
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 10:42:31 am »

Thanks for all the replies guys! I am very happy with how it turned out.  Now I just have to decide where it is going to look the best in my basement when i get it finished.  I'm thinking right in the middle so everyone can see it! LOL!  If anyone has any ideas where i could get a light for the top of the machine it would be greatly appreciated.  I thought about trying to make one, but would lots rather have one that is original to the machine.  Thanks again for all the help with this project!
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 10:57:43 am »

Bubba- the kick panel is actually a 12" x 25" piece of diamond plating.  I got it and the aluminum sheet i used for the face of the door from a place called "metal by the inch" online.  They were very reasonable on price and cut the pieces to the exact measurements i needed.  I'm definately thinking about doing this project again if i can get my hands on another decorator! Maybe i'll make one for the wife!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2011, 12:45:10 pm »

If anyone has any ideas where i could get a light for the top of the machine it would be greatly appreciated.  I thought about trying to make one, but would lots rather have one that is original to the machine. 

I was the one who had never seen a light for the top of a decorator, but now I just aquired 3 of them. All bulbs ballasts and starters work good and all have reversable mounting brackets.
            I will PM 7upSlider first as he may want one for his Papst and another for his
Ideal 55 but I'm sure he will chime in here either way.
            I'm asking $50 and $60 for the 7 ups and $75 for the Coke if anyone else is interested.

Glen
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2011, 02:23:02 pm »

Glen,

Thank you!!! I will definately take the 7-up light with the flaking since i'll be converting it to Pabst anyways.  I'll send you a quick e-mail so we can work things out.  I appreciate you letting me know.  I've since sold my 7-up slider and have converted my generic slider to a Johnnie Walker machine so I'll pass on taking two lights.  Although i'd really like to do another decorator.... if you can't get rid of the other two lights let me know.  Thanks again.

Jonny
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2011, 04:13:32 pm »

I would love to see pictures of your Johnnie walker ideal 55!!
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2011, 04:32:26 pm »

I would love to see pictures of your Johnnie walker ideal 55!!
I was thinking the same thing!

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2011, 05:18:28 pm »

Get this my Step dad's name really is Johnnie Walker. No kidding!
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2011, 11:13:19 pm »

Hey guys,

I'll post pics of the Johnnie Walker slider as soon as i can get to it in my garage and finish cleaning up the compressor... the paint on it is pretty sweet and it will look awesome when i'm done with the complete rebuild... but unlike the decorator there is no way i am going to do another complete rebuild of the slider! wowzer is it a pain.
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2011, 11:03:24 pm »

FINALLY got some time to work on light box that MoonDawg sent me... so here are the final pics of my Pabst Blue Ribbon Vendo Decorator.  Hope you guys enjoy them.  Also if anyone comes across a Vendo Decorator that they are wanted to get rid of let me know, I'd like to do another one of these in a different theme. 
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2011, 11:04:21 pm »

Last one... Anyone have a suggestion on what i could list this baby for on e-bay or craigslist should i decide to sell it?? Probably won't be in the near future but... just curious.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: