SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 02:05:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo Decorator  (Read 20720 times)
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 05:35:59 pm »

Well I've opted for a complete restore and to go with the Pabst Blue Ribbon theme.  I've already gotten the cabinet torn down, sandblasted and painted, new insulation and the liner and parts all put back in.  I'm wondering if anybody has a Decorator that they have parted out over the years...? I need a new lock and possibly a whole new inner door as someone tried prying it open at one time and bent it fairly badly.  Also looking for the light that attaches to the back of the cabinet and sits above the machine.  Finally looking for any opinions if i should do a diamond plated kickplate on the front door say 2' tall and the rest the Pabst logo or just do the whole door Pabst and save a buck or two by skipping the diamond plating??  Thanks again for the help guys.. Pics coming soon.
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 07:26:42 pm »

I might know of one. I will email him and see if he chimes in.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 08:50:19 pm »

Thanks MCarter,

Any help is greatly appreciated.
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 09:03:41 pm »

Where are you located? What do you need?

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 09:26:08 pm »

I had planned on doing the whole door in polished diamond plate. I thought I would have a piece of plexiglass cut in the general shape of the logo and put the logo on the plexiglass and screw it into the door with 1" nylon spacers behind the plexiglass and pit a small light under the plexiglass in the middle. It would be a lot of work but it would look great. To save costs I had also thought of using regular steel diamond plate and painting it.
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 10:16:28 pm »

I'm located in Rapid City, SD.  I'm looking for a lock for the inner door and the lock arm that goes to the top of the door to secure it (not really sure what it's called or how to explain it)  Also I would love to have the light that goes on the back of the machine and looks like it sits on top of the machine.  If his door seal is in good shape I'd take that too, but not a must since I may just buy all new.

Loman4ec: That sounds like it would be really cool looking.  Unfortunately all the diamond plating i've found is only 2ft. wide and it needs to be 25in to fit to the door  censored Also it's ridiculously expensive!  I'm thinking just a 1 - 2 ft tall piece on the door the have sheet metal of some kind slid in for the door with the Pabst logo painted on.  I like your idea of illuminating the logo though with the plexiglass... Thanks for the comments.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 10:26:07 am »

If you call a sheet metal company they have it in 4' x 8' sheets and will cut it for you. I found the sheets to be around $75 to $90 with cutting.
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 11:11:02 am »

The last time i bought several sheets ( 4x8 )and they were about $ 250 each.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Pat Pixley
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 10:25:34 pm »

Hey 7-Upslider, glad to here your going to do it right  sound like Matt may be able to help you out.
The Diamond plate sound cool but like matt said  the price is up there  . Dont forget to post pictures
we all like pictures tounge.
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 12:02:11 pm »

I have a like new cabinet and nice front door for the decorator model, I don't remember if I sold the inside door or not, if I didn't it would be in excellent shape but I would have to wait until it warms up a little bit to go down to one of my storage buildings and see.  They won't let me out when it's really cold because of my health.  I live in Southern Indiana.

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: