SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 05:44:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo Decorator  (Read 20715 times)
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« on: January 14, 2011, 05:30:02 pm »

Hey guys,

I posted a couple months ago, that my brother came across a vendo decorator for free and i was going to try to sell it quick and make a buck.  However after it has sat in my garage for a month i kind of like the size of it and functunality of it, so i've decided to "redo" it.  I found a couple of threads about another guy that was going to redo one in a Harley theme.  I've already got the door ready to be painted and reassembled with a new makeshift front & rear.  My question is what are your guys' opinions on what would look cool for this machine?  I'm thinking something along the lines of the Harley themed one like this thread: http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,1811.0.html but i was also thinking perhaps like a Pabst Blue Ribbon style with a tap handle as the handle.  Looking for any and all opinions?  Thanks a lot!
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 08:46:12 pm »

You know everybody and their brother does Harley be different,  I like the Pabst's  idea do it a old school theme. smile
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 10:13:33 pm »

I was the one going to do the harley. That is awesome that you are doing this. I wanted to so bad but money stopped me from going ahead as it always does. Do you have a picture of your machine so far? I personally like the Harley idea and it will sell well since harley is a great garage theme and soda machines often go in the garage but maybe do Chevrolet or Ford or even your favorite Gas brand or something like that. You could put a gas pump computer sticker on the front and a globe on top and do a gas pump theme?
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 07:52:45 pm »

Hey guys thanks for the replies.  I'm really leaning towards the Pabst theme.  I think Harley would be the answer if I was going to resell it, but i think i'm going to just keep it and i agree with Pat on Harley being so over done.  Kind of looking for the WOW factor. I like the gas pump idea, but don't really have a favorite.  Just looking to do something totally unique.  Here are some pics of where i'm at right now.  I have the shelves and the inner door, just not in the pic.  Any and all opinions appreciated.
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 07:53:23 pm »

another one.. sorry about the quality had to take the pics with my phone.
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 07:54:12 pm »

one more...
Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 08:07:29 pm »

Ok Whats your plans on this ? a complete tear down and do it right the first time,  or is this a  paint , use 2 year &  then sell ?
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 08:20:36 pm »

Pat, that depends is it quite difficult for a full tear down and rebuild?  Most likely just a repaint and hang on to til the wife gets annoyed enough to get me to sell it.  I also have an ideal slider in the middle of a complete rebuild and that beast of a Lacrosse in the background of one of the pics.  I would LOVE to do a full rebuild, but don't want to pump a lot of time and money into it if it will be difficult.  I bit off more than i can chew with the slider rebuild and am just waiting for time to put the insulation and the guts back in.  So if the decorator's rebuild isn't as difficult as the sliders I may opt for a complete rebuild and keep the decorator.  I'm still a novice at these machines, but am quite handy and have friends that are knowledgable in the right areas for help.  Plust you guys!!! Thanks for the help, btw.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 08:58:06 pm »

Well this is going to be easier than the slider  (There are a few of us here that have done a complete tear down on sliders)    take photos and bag & tag the parts
 then all the screws replace with Stainless steel ( looks better , and it will take longer to rust )  and the money thing well All I have to say better sell them, this hobby will cost you because you will want to restore a machine then you will see something you want and buy it , Then one day you will wake up  hung over and there is a vendo 44  in the bed room and the wife standing in the door way asking what did you do this weekend. 
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 10:09:03 pm »

Thanks for the advice Pat! Though i'm pretty sure if i ever let a machine in the bedroom, my wife won't be standing in the doorway, she'll be packing her bags!!!!  Any advice on what material i should use for the face of the door? A sheet of aluminum or piece of thin plywood or? 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: