SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 03:13:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacob drum  (Read 2593 times)
« on: December 01, 2005, 08:54:15 pm »

25 years ago I did some swapping for this Jacob 35 machine.  Just used it for a secure storage place.  Took some of the mechanism out and stored the pieces.  Now that I'm thinking of buy a safe for my wife for Christmas, so she can store her jewelery in it, I get my machine back.  So here is the problem, I found the box of parts and I believe I have everything but the drum.  I wouldn't even worry about using it as a vender,but the refer still works, and I will have it out in my shop where people can see it.  Guess I also need to order a parts manual for the machine.  From my Walters book I believe it is a 35 because of the handel. Any input??
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 07:15:05 am »

The drum is pretty rare. There was an Ebay auction about three weeks ago for a refinished Jacobs drum and vending mechanism, don't remeber exactly what it went for but I do know this, That was the FIRST and ONLY time that I've ever seen any Jacob's parts other than the reproduced "Pepsi" Button Signs that go on the front of the Jacobs 56 in 3 years.

A few companies do offer other parts for the 4 Jacobs models (26/35/50/56).Home Arcade Corp. , Funtronics and, The Soda Jerk Works.

Please post a picture a picture if you get a chance, they help the group out greatly in ID'ing machines.

Brian
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 08:23:22 am »

Yes there was a drum on ebay last week but I think it was to a bigger jacobs machine. Yes it is going to be really hard to replace the drum. If you find one expect the cost to be from $300 to $500.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: