SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 01:27:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo HD56A  (Read 20718 times)
Golfer Mike
« on: January 27, 2007, 10:21:28 pm »

Hey guys...

As I was heading to town today, I saw a bottle machine outside of the local antique store. Stopping back on the way home I got a few more details.

It's a Vendo HD56A in respectable condition. The man says it runs, but we didn't try it.

The decorative door is in a little rough shape, some sections where the padding seems to be pulled out a bit, and about 1/3 of the door looks to have been spray painted. The metal outside the maching looks pretty good. The paint is flaking away, but I don't see any areas of rust or bubbling. The decorative door doesn't close. I don't know if it's missing the latch (or magnet) that keeps it shut. The gasket on the door looks to be in good shape though. All the pictures I've found online show that there is a metal door divider that seperates the decorative door and the innerds...I don't see one on this machine.

My main questions are...

1) What year is this machine (sn#IHF 019906)

2) I know it is made for 10oz bottle, but I'm not too hopeful about the availaibity of such in my area. Is it possible to set up the machine for 10oz, 12oz, or 20oz plastic bottles?

3) And most of all...is it worth the time and effort? I had the lead on a Vendo 63 in better shape, but the dealer wanted $300 for it...the man said I could have this one for $75 cash.

I thank you for any assistance you might be able to help me with.

Here are some pics I took.
Golfer Mike
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:24:19 pm »

front
Golfer Mike
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 10:25:55 pm »

Side
Golfer Mike
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 10:27:10 pm »

Tag
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 10:46:55 pm »

Hi, Welcome to the site. A much better machine can be had for the same money.  The machine is missing a few shelves. Decorators come up on ebay in good shape for less than that without bid. Its not a desirable machine to most.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 11:01:47 pm »

I'd probably pass. However, the light up sign is worth $50 or so.
If the refrigeration unit does in fact run, another bonus. You can use it in either a round top 56 or another square top 56. Find a good box that doesn't run...there you go!

Eric

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
vendobaldtops
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 11:20:22 pm »

I would pass on this machine as well.  This style sums up everything that was wrong with the 1970s.  

This was a so-called upscale machine?  For whom...the executive in the polyester suit, long collars, and bell bottoms?  Throw in a John Holmes moustache and you're good to go....

sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 11:37:00 pm »

I too would pass on this one. For a little more cash you can pick up a clean 56.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 11:45:48 pm »

I would pass as well. It looks like it is also missing the door that goes in between the decorator door and the inside. It is missing a bunch of shelves. They are repoped but for $20 each. Be patient and something better will come along. But if you are into parts I do agree  that if you are getting into this hobby really heavily and expect to have many machines it always pays to have a spare working cooling system handy. Then you could sell the stack, shelves, and light up sign on ebay and make your money back and have a free spare cooling system.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 01:16:42 am »

(vendobaldtops @ Jan. 27 2007,10:20)
I would pass on this machine as well.  

Ditto.
It's in pretty rough shape and it's not a "real" coin-op machine.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: