SMC Discussion Areas
May 08, 2024, 06:06:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: acton manufacturing coca cola cooler  (Read 6540 times)
hipburwig

« on: April 27, 2014, 09:30:31 pm »

hello everyone, my wife and father-in-law took it upon them selfs to surprise me with a coke cooler from an estate sale. I know they probably wanted to much for it that's why it was still there the second day. can any one tell me anything about this and what any one on here would sell it for or what it may be worth. its in decent shape no major dents the liner Is good not rotted out. are the cups and tray part of it or did some one make it? it says acton manufacturing with the numbers 504 under the pat#.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:54:30 pm by hipburwig » Logged
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 07:14:44 am »

Check ebay completed auctions to get an idea of what these bring...
Prices may be all over the place... depending on who wants it bad enough and the part of the country
The tray is correct.. Wish my father-in-law would buy me stuff like this! Great looking cooler!Congrats happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 03:46:25 pm »

Maybe $125-150? Just a guess. That looks to be in good shape.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 06:30:42 pm »

I own a pepsi and a coke picnic cooler and the tray is standard. Most ads you see say with tray or missing tray.

But have to say I haven't heard of cups being included. Cool purchase.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
hipburwig

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 07:55:59 pm »

any idea where I can find any info on this like year, model? I need to replace the rubber gasket its hard as a rock and smooched so the lid latch wont hold tight.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 04:38:41 am »

Don't know if the lid gasket is repo'd. If so hope someone chimes in. What I've done is get the 1/2" foam window seal gasket. Apply to lid, done.

Looks to be an Acton Deluxe. Per Jeff Walters "The Complete Guide to Collectible Picnic Coolers & Ice Chests" First edtion:

>Size: 19 1/2" L x 13 14" W x 18 1/2" H. Capacity: 36 Bottles (stacked).
>Color scheme: Red body with embossed white lettering. (Cost new - 12.50)
>Produced: 50's Average condition $75.00
>Semi-common, made only for Coke. Acton's answer to the Cavalier Senior. There is a very slight difference in them and this Acton has "ribs" on the body.
>Otherwise they're identical. This deluxe has a galvanized tray and interior as well as a built in opener and drain on the side.
>Some were embossed with "In Bottles," some were not.

Don't think the cups are original to the cooler. Tray yes. My same Acton in aluminum goes on every road trip.
With ice and product they are heavy. Holds temp well and looks far better than any Coleman :-)
Creighton

hipburwig

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 10:40:45 am »

Thanks creighton, imsure ihave some foam somewhere. That's what I was guna do but iwas hopin I could get the right gasket. Ill use this one for drinks and the coleman for food. biggrin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: