SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:52:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I disconnect this line?  (Read 3422 times)
TARANDY24

« on: February 19, 2012, 10:18:26 pm »

I have a lacrosse 81 that I am tearing down and want to remove the compressor to clean it up.  Can I disconnect the main line that is copper? Or will freon come out?  Also has anyone ever rewired this type of machine?  The power cord runs to a molded junction box or something (looks like a lil hockey puck) and all the other lines break off of it to power the fan, lights etc.  Looking for a place to replace all the rubber door gaskets as well.  Does anyone have any experience with this type of machine?  My first one and it just so happens to be the one no one knows about.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 10:35:03 pm »

Hi & welcome to the site,

Yes, if you remove the line (at the flare fitting on the service valve) the system will discharge freon, it's easier to remove the whole refrigeration deck as a whole including the evaporator up top in the bottle area in one piece ( assembly) you'll probably run into some fun little screws with a "bow-tie" shaped slot instead of the typical Phillips or standard straight-slot, these are called "clutch-head" screws & they are very common to the LaCrosse machines.

If you don't already have one, you'll need to get a set of the drivers to remove the clutch head fasteners,  used the "search" feature of this site & enter "clutch head screws" & see where others have gotten there drivers from.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
TARANDY24

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 12:37:10 pm »

Thanks JohnieG

Yeah I asked about those clutch heads in another post when I first got the machine. Got some a Menards. This thing has 2 fans, one at the compressor and one in the lower left corner of the vending area. Which is for which?  The one in the vending area never kicked off, although I didn't leave it on long.  Just about five min to see if compressor was working.  Adjusted thermostat and it kicked on. I was pretty happy cause I know I got my hundred bucks worth now.  Do you know where I can get the door liner gasket to replace the old one.  It looked good at first but when I went to remove it, it was like hard as plastic and just broke off in pieces.

Sorry I am asking you so much.  I see you are a vet on this site and have helped many people.  What about the wireing on this?  Should I cut that rubber molding open and tie everything together in a more modern junction box?
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 01:13:04 pm »

Thanks JohnieG

Yeah I asked about those clutch heads in another post when I first got the machine. Got some a Menards. This thing has 2 fans, one at the compressor and one in the lower left corner of the vending area. Which is for which?  The one in the vending area never kicked off, although I didn't leave it on long.  Just about five min to see if compressor was working.  Adjusted thermostat and it kicked on. I was pretty happy cause I know I got my hundred bucks worth now.  Do you know where I can get the door liner gasket to replace the old one.  It looked good at first but when I went to remove it, it was like hard as plastic and just broke off in pieces.

Sorry I am asking you so much.  I see you are a vet on this site and have helped many people.  What about the wireing on this?  Should I cut that rubber molding open and tie everything together in a more modern junction box?

The evap fan inside the cabinet should run 24/7 and the condenser fan by the compressor comes on as needed with the compressor. New fans (go ahead and replace them), wiring harness and probably a close enough gasket can be obtained from www.fun-tronicsllc.com

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: