SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 01:48:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier 72 restoration  (Read 2770 times)
KRyan

« on: November 08, 2011, 09:22:24 pm »

I bought a pretty beat up Cavalier 72, or at least that's what I think it is. I've checked out some pics of others, and I think I'm right. Now to the hard part. It's been partially gutted - no bottle stack or bottle shelves. The coin mech is still there, as well as the coin door and locks. I think someone, either later in it's life, or perhaps while it was still in commercial service changed the whole refrigeration unit. The unit I have now works, but it's either from a later model 72, or a later unit was installed while by someone else, perhaps while it was still in commercial service. It does not have the big round fan on the evaporator. The unit I have now looks much like the unit I have in my Vendo 63.

I have heard that you can get newer, cheaper, square top machines and cut down the bottle stacks to fit the 72. I'm reluctant to do this because I 1) don't really want to wreck another machine to save mine, 2) don't know how to do it, and 3) If I bring home another Coke machine with the prospect of "I can make something good out of this," I'll be sleeping on the back porch with the neighborhood stray cat for company.

The questions I have for the time being are:

1) Did later 72's have "later style" refrig units?
2) Are their old bottle stacks around?
3) If not, what bottle stacks can be converted, and how can I find out how to do it?
4) what did the drip tray look like in this machine. The only other pic I saw that showed one had an old Mason jar in the little square bracket near the compressor, and I can't imagine that's right.
5) do any of you have any tips as to how I can positively identify this machine? I can send pics if you'd like.

Kevin

Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 10:22:11 pm »

Hello, Kevin
Glad You Made It here .

Answers To your Question's

1.I'll Send You a Picture Of Mine But I do not Believe there was a Different Compressure
2.Yes ! But not Often .You'll Can Ask Here & Watch E-bay
3, As I said you May ? Have To Find A Squire Corner 60s Model C-96 (They Made A Bunch.
4.Yes You USE A Mason Jar .
5, As I also Said Your's Appears to Be A C-72 by the Picture You Sent Me ..

There Will Be More People With MORE knowledge then Me That Can Help .

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print