SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:40:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victor coke machine  (Read 7956 times)
« on: January 06, 2006, 11:52:28 am »

Just wanted to say thanks to Eric at Global Compressor for saving me a ton of money!  For lack of being able to find someone locally who works on Coke Machines, I called a commercial refrigeration guy out to look at my Victor machine.  He said I needed a totally new compressor!

The help I got from Eric @ Global over the phone saved me from wasting $$$ on a unneeded compressor.  I got all the parts I need from Global, now if I could only find someone local who know how to use them!!!!

Thanks again Eric!
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 02:20:24 pm »

Welcome to the board!! Eric is the man. Where are you located? Someone may be able to suggest a tech.
Creighton

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 03:41:44 pm »

What parts did he sell you?  Maybe we can help you install them yourself?

Glen
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 12:11:37 pm »

Welcome gardengirl,
soon you'll be hooked!

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 08:49:05 am »

Thanks everyone!  
I got a new wiring harness and a new thermostat from Eric (and I'm in north Georgia).  My brother in law who has had some wiring experience in the Navy installed both.  
This is a Victor CL-50A Machine.
The current problem seems to be that the fan in front of the compressor runs 24/7.  I've had conflicting reports on whether than fan should run constantly.  I'm getting some icing on top of the compressor as well as on the copper tubing.  But the machine is now maintaining 35-40 degrees.
(FYI the machine is on a screened porch - if that has any bearing on anything.)  
Anyway, if the fan isn't suppose to run, where can I get wiring instructions to get it corrected?
Thanks!
Judy
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 08:53:21 am »

Hey Yarochrehc,
I also have a Vendo 63.  The door isn't shutting snuggly (need some handle hardware) and the lock is missing the bottom nut (I think it fell in cap box and got thrown out).  Know where I might be able to get parts?  Local hardware store doesn't seem to carry the correct sizes.
Judy
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 11:33:43 am »

Judy, make sure the wires from the lower fan motor go into the compressor and not directly to your junction box. From those same two terminals in the compressor, a pair of wires with a plug on the end goes into your new J- box.
      This way compressor and fan shut off at the same time.

Glen
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 04:32:52 pm »

Glen, let's see if I can explain (in my best layman terms) what I've got.  
The compressor is a self contained unit and has a plug that is plugged directly into the junction box.  The junction box has that plug, the compressor fan wires, another set of wires (which I'm assuming is the inside fan wiring) and another set (power?).  Since the compressor is self contained, I don't think I can wire the compressor fan directly into the compressor can I?
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 09:31:29 pm »

deleted

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 09:41:22 pm »

PS  Glen, Here's a picture of what I'm trying to explain.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: