SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 07:56:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Complete Novice  (Read 12640 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 11:07:18 am »

One word of advice on the V-23:
Make sure it is complete as some parts for this model can be hard to locate.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
buschgator
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 04:35:26 pm »

OK here's my next question.  Just found another machine that might be worth looking at as my first.  It has the following info :  Mfg.Cavalier Corp. Tenn. Model:USS-8-64P

What would be a fair price for this?!?

I will attach a picture.  Again I ask of you...  help

-Ryan
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 04:48:59 pm »

laugh
I'm loving this... you haven't even bought your first machine and you've already found another one... Your Just like the rest of us.. you'll fit in well on this board!!!  very nice.

That Cavalier machine is another popular one amongst many people as well, multi vend capabilities...

In my opinion.. go for the machine that you'll enjoy and use more first... the V23 is a neat little machine, but just not practical to use... neat to add to a collection if you are set one getting all sorts of different styles...  or possibley buy to resell and make a few bucks on it?

if the offer is $500... go with $400 cash in hand (4 100 dollar bills) and I'll bet he'll bite at the site of money,,, but if you want it bad enough , have another 2 50's in the back pocket and work up slow...

Good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
bmw90w
10 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 05:05:10 pm »

Yeah sounds like me! I didn't know the first thing about these things, and now I can barely park my car in the garage! It started with one. Then someone on here told me about a good deal... Then I found a vendo 39, and ofcourse I had to get a vendo 81!!!! You would think I do this full time with all the parts in my garage. My advice is only work on one at a time!!! I am swearing off any more machines until I finish the 81!!!

By the way, if you don't get the vendo 23 let me know, and Ill buy it. Damn there it goes again!!!
 biggrin biggrin

Cavalier CS-96
Vendo 81-A
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 06:22:03 pm »

USS-64's are great machines if you're looking for an easy machine that will vend anything.  It will easily hold bottles up to 16oz and cans as well.

I have two, paid under $100 for both, but they also both needed some repair.  I'd think that $100-150 if they are complete and working.  Parts can be found readily.

I agree that this is a disease.  I bought my first machine last year, now the garage and basement are filled with parts and pieces of the three that also found their way here somehow!

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 07:09:09 pm »

Ryan,

Welcome to the site and just make sure that all of those proposed acquisitions are approved hopefull (or at least not vehemently opposed) by the War Department.

If that USS-8-64 is complete, working and the price is right, you should get it.  I use mine everyday and it can vend just about anything.  Of course, you will need to get some assistance from Pat Pixley on where to obtain the woodgrain contact paper so you can put the machine back to original finish!  biggrin laugh biggrin

It is often said that those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Take a look at one of my first posts from about 11 months ago:

http://soda-machines.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,29/topic,7741.0/

help Since then I have averaged better than one vending machine purchase or related item per month! help

You will be hooked but it is a fun hobby and the folks on this site are always willing to help.

Enjoy the hobby!

drinking Tim drinking
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 09:52:29 pm »

USS-64's are great machines. They will vend anything and have the potiential of looking good. If you want a machine just for the garage you can leave it as is or just take it to Maaco amd have them paint it. It won't look great but for a machine to use out in the garage it would be good enough. I have built many USS-64's and paint them in the early 60's theme. Its not original but it looks great! Here is a pic of my first machine. It started out as a wood grain USS-64
buschgator
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 10:12:21 pm »

I figure that I may as well dive in head first.  Why not make offers on both of the machines I have mentioned!  Start my collection off with a bang!  I'll try to bring them both up to good working condition and looks.  If I go to look at these 2 machines (v23 deluxe, and the cav64), are there certain things I should definitely check for?  Any major red flags?  Thanks guys!

-Ryan
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 11:24:34 pm »

I like it... you must be a single guy... no war department approval needed... Love it.

Things to look for .. of course this depends on the level of expertise you posess with regards to "working" on the machine, you'll want to check overall condition, good body, no major dents, rusted out areas etc.. also will look for completeness, all parts are there, all shelves, coin mechs, etc.. Ask to have them running and cooling when you get there to make sure the cooling units work.. expect themto be dirty, and such,,, but you want them to be Fixable, restorable and presentable, and of course priced right...

Good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
bmw90w
10 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 11:35:50 pm »

I like the way you think! Two at once why not. I am fortunate to have no problems with the war department. She says as long as she has room to pull her car in we are good. My garage is 28x28 so that leaves plenty of space!!! tounge tounge

Cavalier CS-96
Vendo 81-A
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: