SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 07:30:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Current V39 prices  (Read 14605 times)
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 11:08:28 pm »

RC kid, Welcome aboard!! Lots of good folks and knowledge here at SMC site.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 07:53:38 am »

Welcome aboard RC Kid! Great to have you around. Sound like you have your hands full! What branch of the service are you in?

Brian
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 07:09:47 pm »

I am in the Army. I am what some call a lifer, since I am making carreer of it. I can't complain though, it pays the bills and keeps food on the table, not to mention soda in the machine.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 08:47:53 pm »

Welcome Kid......We would really like to see some nice quality pictures of your unrestored original 110. A restored machine can hide lots of sun-fading and body damage,
 but yours looks like a sweetheart  hopefull

Glen
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 10:34:52 pm »

Oh I know pictures fail to show everything.
I found this machine stored in an old store in West Texas. I don't believe it has ever seen weather. No fading, no dings. It's an honest eight footer, stand any closer though and you can see a few small scratches, but nothing deep. Just shallow stuff from being handled during it's earlier life. There is some thin paint on the coin door. No rust anywhere. Everything works, although I did change out a fan motor once, a long time ago.

I have own this thing since 1989 and I keep it inside. I always have. Inside meaning the main house, not the garage. My wife doesn't care for it, but fortunately she loves me, so she doesn't complain about it either. I thought about restoring it once, but everyone agrees, although it is not perfect, it is to nice to be messing with.

I am fortunate in finding this machine and being able to purchase it. I got it for a song. And although people have offered to buy it, I plan on keeping it till the day I die. I know that if I ever sold it I would regret it.

Once I figure out how the photo album works on this site I will post better pictures. As you can tell, I am long winded when it comes to talking about my baby. thanks everyone for the great reception. I look forward to conversing with each and everyone of you. I know there is much to learn about the hobby and people like you, with all of your individual experiances, make the best teachers.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 07:34:33 pm »

I picked up the V39. The coin rejector and mechanicals work great, but it doesn't cool. I plugged it in and nothing. It has some fairly rough looking wiring that has some dangerous splicing. I will re wire it and try it agian.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 07:37:42 pm »

Another shot. this time of the inside. It has some extremely light surface rust here and there. Nothing of concern. I will media blast this thing prior to doing the paint and body work.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 05:59:28 am »

Thats a nice solid machine. good buy. If it is doing nothing at all when you plug it in it is probably a wiring problem as the evaporator fan motor should run when it is plugged in. If it is just the compressor that isn't starting you can disconnect the Tstat wires and hook them together to bypass the tstat to see if that is the problem.
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 03:28:52 pm »

Nice find!  Your cooling system looks identical to the one on mine.  I still haven't been able to get my compressor to stop running.  I need to see if the T-stat is wired right.  I haven't screwed that screw all the way left or right while running to see what happens yet.  Hopefully, yours is a simple fix with the wiring!

I looked on craigslist a few minutes ago and found someone listing a Royal Crown VMC-110 just like yours for $5K...sure wish I had the spare change just lying around right now!  I would love one of those, as they look so nice and match the color of my wife's mustang!  It seems to be in nice condition.
Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 07:04:29 pm »

I looked on craigslist a few minutes ago and found someone listing a Royal Crown VMC-110 just like yours for $5K...sure wish I had the spare change 

Just because he is asking $5K doesn't mean he will get it.  You should visit this guy so
you know where this machine lives and make sure he has your number. People get desperate
for cash sometimes and make drastic decisions.
       Once you get the seller handled, your wife will be easy.......you only bought this machine because the color matched her Mustang.  drinking

Glen
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: