SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 11:37:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Current V39 prices  (Read 14484 times)
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« on: February 17, 2008, 08:19:41 pm »

First off, Great site. I am new to this venue and in the short time I have been a member, I have found it to be an excellent source of both information and resources.

A little about myself. I am the proud owner of an original Royal Crown Vendo 110 that I have own for some years now. I am in the military and I restore machines in my free time. I am currently working on a Junior and a V39. I own several other machines, mostly larger, more available models that I find to be more affordable. Among them you will find a Coca Cola V110, a Pepsi 110, a vendo V83, a couple of juniors, a couple of Masters, a deluxe. two vendalator 27s, and a 7-up quikhold. I used to be a buyer only but I am now beginning to sell a machine every now and then. But my fear of being unable to replace some coolers and machines such as the Quikhold or vendalator 27, drives me to sometimes ask too much for them when I do put them up for sale. I am still learning the real price of things. I do most all of my own work, except blasting, chrome and refrigeration, which I hire out for.

My question today concerns the current values of restored and unrestored V39s. I have one that I know I paid too much for and I have the opportunity to pick up another unrestored V39 for $700.00. The one I am looking at now will be an easy restoration. It is generly rust free and complete. The cooling unit does not work but it to is complete. The body work can be knocked out in a day, of course that is after it returns from the media blaster. There is no rust to speak of other than some very minor surface rust in a couple of spots. So, is this a fair deal or should I pass.

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 09:37:50 pm »

If 100% complete and as clean as you say body wise etc. Then I say its a fair deal. Restored and done right $4000-$4500

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 10:14:37 pm »

Thanks. I called the guy and told him I'll take it. 
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:06:29 am »

RC,

Welocme to the site!  Sounds like you have a nice collection.  How about some photos!?!  We love photos.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 06:31:12 pm »

I am having issues posting pictures. Apparently my camara is using to much resolution. As soon as I figure out the problem I will post a few pictures. P.S. any advise on this issue will be greatly appreciated.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 06:48:23 pm »

You need to reduce the image size to less than 95Kb. I use PhotoShop but many packages will work as well. I reduce the image to 3"x 4" or so and then save as JPG and lower the image resoulution until it is under the 95Kb limit. Hope this helps.
Creighton
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 06:52:48 pm »

I had that problem as well until my wife helped me.  If you have any image software (mine came with our Dell printer), you can open the picture with it and then resize the image until it meets the size allowance and save.  That should help.
Nice deal on the V-39!  I got mine in December off Craigslist for $750.  It's always been my favorite machine.  Now there is one on eBay close to me for the same price that looks almost as good from what I can see.  I guess I only need one!
Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 07:23:13 pm »

I am attempting to post another pic of my Vendo 110. Here goes!
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 07:55:01 pm »

Another attempt at resolving the resolution issue.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 08:02:40 pm »

In the first photo of the juniors, you see a junior in primer. It was media blasted then put into etch primer before I started with the body work. This photo was taken after it recieved it's first coat of Coca Cola red, and subsiquent wet sanding. I will put another coat of paint on it later in the week and then send it out for lettering.
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 11:08:28 pm »

RC kid, Welcome aboard!! Lots of good folks and knowledge here at SMC site.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 07:53:38 am »

Welcome aboard RC Kid! Great to have you around. Sound like you have your hands full! What branch of the service are you in?

Brian
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 07:09:47 pm »

I am in the Army. I am what some call a lifer, since I am making carreer of it. I can't complain though, it pays the bills and keeps food on the table, not to mention soda in the machine.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 08:47:53 pm »

Welcome Kid......We would really like to see some nice quality pictures of your unrestored original 110. A restored machine can hide lots of sun-fading and body damage,
 but yours looks like a sweetheart  hopefull

Glen
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 10:34:52 pm »

Oh I know pictures fail to show everything.
I found this machine stored in an old store in West Texas. I don't believe it has ever seen weather. No fading, no dings. It's an honest eight footer, stand any closer though and you can see a few small scratches, but nothing deep. Just shallow stuff from being handled during it's earlier life. There is some thin paint on the coin door. No rust anywhere. Everything works, although I did change out a fan motor once, a long time ago.

I have own this thing since 1989 and I keep it inside. I always have. Inside meaning the main house, not the garage. My wife doesn't care for it, but fortunately she loves me, so she doesn't complain about it either. I thought about restoring it once, but everyone agrees, although it is not perfect, it is to nice to be messing with.

I am fortunate in finding this machine and being able to purchase it. I got it for a song. And although people have offered to buy it, I plan on keeping it till the day I die. I know that if I ever sold it I would regret it.

Once I figure out how the photo album works on this site I will post better pictures. As you can tell, I am long winded when it comes to talking about my baby. thanks everyone for the great reception. I look forward to conversing with each and everyone of you. I know there is much to learn about the hobby and people like you, with all of your individual experiances, make the best teachers.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 07:34:33 pm »

I picked up the V39. The coin rejector and mechanicals work great, but it doesn't cool. I plugged it in and nothing. It has some fairly rough looking wiring that has some dangerous splicing. I will re wire it and try it agian.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 07:37:42 pm »

Another shot. this time of the inside. It has some extremely light surface rust here and there. Nothing of concern. I will media blast this thing prior to doing the paint and body work.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 05:59:28 am »

Thats a nice solid machine. good buy. If it is doing nothing at all when you plug it in it is probably a wiring problem as the evaporator fan motor should run when it is plugged in. If it is just the compressor that isn't starting you can disconnect the Tstat wires and hook them together to bypass the tstat to see if that is the problem.
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 03:28:52 pm »

Nice find!  Your cooling system looks identical to the one on mine.  I still haven't been able to get my compressor to stop running.  I need to see if the T-stat is wired right.  I haven't screwed that screw all the way left or right while running to see what happens yet.  Hopefully, yours is a simple fix with the wiring!

I looked on craigslist a few minutes ago and found someone listing a Royal Crown VMC-110 just like yours for $5K...sure wish I had the spare change just lying around right now!  I would love one of those, as they look so nice and match the color of my wife's mustang!  It seems to be in nice condition.
Greg

Greg

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 07:04:29 pm »

I looked on craigslist a few minutes ago and found someone listing a Royal Crown VMC-110 just like yours for $5K...sure wish I had the spare change 

Just because he is asking $5K doesn't mean he will get it.  You should visit this guy so
you know where this machine lives and make sure he has your number. People get desperate
for cash sometimes and make drastic decisions.
       Once you get the seller handled, your wife will be easy.......you only bought this machine because the color matched her Mustang.  drinking

Glen
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 07:19:40 pm »

I seem to recall a discussion on a RC 110  showing up on Ebay, with an asking price of 5k, wonder if it's the same one. As I recall, he had no  takers.

I haven't seen enough of them to say what is the going price for one.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 09:21:32 pm »

I think it's the same one. I looked at some photos the seller emailed to me I I thought it to be an excellent candidate for restoration. The price was just a little too high for me. I guess if I didn't already have the one I have now I would have spent a little more time trying to negociate a deal. But I am not sure a Vendo 110 is worth that much, even if it is an RC 110. Unless, maybe, it is already restored or a super nice original.
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 10:14:45 pm »

I remember the one on ebay.  I don't remember seeing the picture, so I'm not sure if they are the same.  I'm still thinking $5K is much more than I want to swing!  I don't know where this one is, but it's listed on the Dallas Craigslist along with a V-44 and a 3-door Victor.  Pictures of it are below.

I'll try the "same color as her Mustang" argument when I find a reasonably priced RC machine.

Greg

Greg

RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 05:51:30 am »

I believe we are talking about the same machine. It is located in Jacksonville Florida. I have all of the seller's contact information and he is accepting offers. The drive is too far for me and I already have enough stuff to work on.
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 07:41:06 am »

I have emailed him and ask what his bottom dollar is and he is dead set on $ 5,000

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 09:46:09 am »

I believe it's the same guy that posted it on the Classifieds section on this site?? there is a guy in Florida selling a bunch of machines, including a Jacobs Pepsi Lightup for 4500 as well.
I think his name is Miran...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 09:59:00 am »

The last VMC110 RC that sold at auction (online bidding available through eBay) sold for close to $3000 as far as I can remember. That was about a year ago.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: