SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 03:05:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Current V39 prices  (Read 14607 times)
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« on: February 17, 2008, 08:19:41 pm »

First off, Great site. I am new to this venue and in the short time I have been a member, I have found it to be an excellent source of both information and resources.

A little about myself. I am the proud owner of an original Royal Crown Vendo 110 that I have own for some years now. I am in the military and I restore machines in my free time. I am currently working on a Junior and a V39. I own several other machines, mostly larger, more available models that I find to be more affordable. Among them you will find a Coca Cola V110, a Pepsi 110, a vendo V83, a couple of juniors, a couple of Masters, a deluxe. two vendalator 27s, and a 7-up quikhold. I used to be a buyer only but I am now beginning to sell a machine every now and then. But my fear of being unable to replace some coolers and machines such as the Quikhold or vendalator 27, drives me to sometimes ask too much for them when I do put them up for sale. I am still learning the real price of things. I do most all of my own work, except blasting, chrome and refrigeration, which I hire out for.

My question today concerns the current values of restored and unrestored V39s. I have one that I know I paid too much for and I have the opportunity to pick up another unrestored V39 for $700.00. The one I am looking at now will be an easy restoration. It is generly rust free and complete. The cooling unit does not work but it to is complete. The body work can be knocked out in a day, of course that is after it returns from the media blaster. There is no rust to speak of other than some very minor surface rust in a couple of spots. So, is this a fair deal or should I pass.

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 09:37:50 pm »

If 100% complete and as clean as you say body wise etc. Then I say its a fair deal. Restored and done right $4000-$4500

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 10:14:37 pm »

Thanks. I called the guy and told him I'll take it. 
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:06:29 am »

RC,

Welocme to the site!  Sounds like you have a nice collection.  How about some photos!?!  We love photos.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 06:31:12 pm »

I am having issues posting pictures. Apparently my camara is using to much resolution. As soon as I figure out the problem I will post a few pictures. P.S. any advise on this issue will be greatly appreciated.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 06:48:23 pm »

You need to reduce the image size to less than 95Kb. I use PhotoShop but many packages will work as well. I reduce the image to 3"x 4" or so and then save as JPG and lower the image resoulution until it is under the 95Kb limit. Hope this helps.
Creighton
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 06:52:48 pm »

I had that problem as well until my wife helped me.  If you have any image software (mine came with our Dell printer), you can open the picture with it and then resize the image until it meets the size allowance and save.  That should help.
Nice deal on the V-39!  I got mine in December off Craigslist for $750.  It's always been my favorite machine.  Now there is one on eBay close to me for the same price that looks almost as good from what I can see.  I guess I only need one!
Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 07:23:13 pm »

I am attempting to post another pic of my Vendo 110. Here goes!
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 07:55:01 pm »

Another attempt at resolving the resolution issue.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 08:02:40 pm »

In the first photo of the juniors, you see a junior in primer. It was media blasted then put into etch primer before I started with the body work. This photo was taken after it recieved it's first coat of Coca Cola red, and subsiquent wet sanding. I will put another coat of paint on it later in the week and then send it out for lettering.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: