SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 03:59:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with identification and value.  (Read 16537 times)
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 12:26:57 pm »

The Pepsi was the only embossed one, 2 Ideal and 2 Glasco. And since it was a pot sweetener and they all have catchers, I wasn't saying no!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 04:03:16 am by MaineT » Logged

Tim
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 01:56:07 pm »

Again SWEET !!!!!  Deal

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 04:40:31 pm »

Now that I can see your stash of spare parts it looks like you have what you need to complete the Pepsi Choice-Vend I see the backside of the coin-bezel & coin-return plate & it looks like a Can opener option, interesting! I've never seen on of these early models that could vend cans ( without crushing them) & is that a spare Pepsi cap too? Nice!

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 06:08:27 pm »

Now that I can see your stash of spare parts it looks like you have what you need to complete the Pepsi Choice-Vend I see the backside of the coin-bezel & coin-return plate & it looks like a Can opener option, interesting! I've never seen on of these early models that could vend cans ( without crushing them) & is that a spare Pepsi cap too? Nice!

The Pepsi lens is the only one, I took it off for the ride so it didn't get broke!!

Tim
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 07:14:45 pm »

So, it is a choice vend 72? any thoughts? converted 68? Just a concept that never made it??

I pieced the front together just to see it with the bezel. it is definitely a conversion because the can opener is hacked in there.

Tim
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 09:26:45 pm »

Cool! counting yours & mine, I've only seen three of these models in person ( well yours sort of in person anyway) My single vend ( same model as yours, but one flavor of course) is listed a model 72 as well, yours has the dual selection buttons, It seems the can opener looks over-engineered, but I saw the "sanitized" (heated) piercing points. I've tried to get mine to vend cans, but the metal augers always manages to crimp them on the way down, I suppose the steel cans of the day were tougher no doubt than the thin aluminum ones made today.  does your relay control box have two plugs for the dual vend motors I assume? mine does, but my machine only uses one circuit & but it has the same number of columns, but the augers are staggered so they drop out a bottle every 1/4 turn each ( so first column 1, then 2, then 3..etc down the line. )  Oh, and mine's a Pepsi lightup also.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:29:35 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 09:43:40 pm »

Here's an interesting earlier post of a CVC72 form the 1960's notice the guts look the same only the chassis has been updated! I even see the old style relay box sitting in the coinmech area & metal augers! I thought it was a neat "flash forward" so to speak...

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,10566.0.html
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 04:56:27 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 10:02:03 pm »

I think that machine will look killer with those embossed details around the Pepsi logo highlighted...Really great find, is it a dual vend or more than that?  I'm partial to Choice-Vend machines growing up so close to Hartford, keep us updated if you decide to restore this one!

MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 05:16:59 am »

I think that machine will look killer with those embossed details around the Pepsi logo highlighted...Really great find, is it a dual vend or more than that?  I'm partial to Choice-Vend machines growing up so close to Hartford, keep us updated if you decide to restore this one!

It's a dual vend. I didn't make it far from Hartford in its life, I picked it up in providence RI. I got some looks on the parking lot that some call 95 north in Boston, man how do people do that every day!!!

Tim
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 05:22:05 am »

Here's an interesting earlier post of a CVC72 form the 1960's notice the guts look the same only the chassis has been updated! I even seethe old style relay box sitting in the coinmech area & metal augers! I thought it was a neat "flash forward" so to speak...

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,10566.0.html

That is similar!! I guess I know what square top to watch out for spare parts!!

Tim
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: